TWENTY ONE

IT WAS NOW OR NEVER

IT WAS NOW OR NEVER.

"Hi, I have a meeting with Mr.Malarc at nine o'clock today." I informed to the lady working the front desk.

She stopped clacking her gum annoyingly and glanced at me, "Name?"

"Ariana Levine."

I waited impatiently as she typed my name on the computer keyboard, a few seconds later she found what she was looking for.

"Room 105, make it quick, Mr.Malarc is very busy."

I was so anxious. What if he was a major asshole? What if I forgot my speech? What if he said no?

I could be ruining this for both me and Kai.

iMessages
emo👨‍🎤

don't overthink, you'll do great.

Did he have camera spying on me or something. I sucked in a deep breath, letting his words sink into my head before opening the door.

Mr.Malarc sat in his desk chair with a half empty cup of coffee in his hand and a serious expression on his face.

"You must be Ariana, I was impressed by that video of you and you're boyfriend on the internet, you're a very talented singer." He compliment.

"Thank you. I'm a big fan of you, I love everything you do." I fangirled.

Get it together, Ariana.

"I appreciate it. Have a seat."

I took the seat in front of him, straightening out my mini skirt while replaying the speech in my head.

He took another long sip of coffee, releasing a sigh. "Now tell me. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Right." I nodded my head. "Im very honored to be apart of your couple's competition, it's an amazing opportunity...but..."

"But?" He seemed a little offended.

"With all respect, I think minimizing the genre to only romantic is a little biased, because there's way more to love than just love. I wrote about something much more important, something that everyone can relate to." I preached.

"And that is?"

"Hurt."

His eyebrows quirked up.

"I know it's a lot to ask of you to completely change the rules of the competition but think about it. It's the perfect use of pathos, there are more people who've been heartbroken than in love, the more the people in the crowd the more—

"Money." Mr. Malarc realized. "That's a genius marketing strategy, how didn't I think of that?"

I smiled widely. We did it. "You can take full credibility all you have to do is say yes."