FOUR

WHAT WAS I DOING AT KAI RIVERA'S HOUSE? Great question

Since I needed to drop five pounds as fast as I could I made plans to work out with my brother on sundays so I couldn't exactly practice the duet.

"What are you doing here?" Kai sat up from the stool, dropping the drum sticks on the table.

"I don't like how you emphasized on you. If anything I should be the disgusted one." I rolled my eyes.

"Then leave. I didn't ask you to come here." He shot back.

I don't remember him being this rude, or rude at all. He used to be a sweetheart actually.

"N-not that we mind or anything." His dorky friend butted in. His long blond hair reminded me of Curt Cobain.

I gave him a disgusted stare, flickering my eyes back to Kai. "We have a duet to tend to don't we, emo?"

"A what! How come you didn't tell you were doing a duet with thee Ariana Levine!" Another boy exclaimed.

God I loved being talked about.

"Because i'm not. Go back to whatever guys house you came from, i'll do it on my own." He muttered.

"Did you just slut shame me?" I gasped. "I have you know my body count is lower than you guys's chances of getting blow jobs."

"Ouch..."

"C'mon." Kai suddenly walked up to me, gripping my forearm unusually harsh.

"Easy Rivera, before you leave a bruise!" I winced but he didn't let go until we were outside the garage.

"Who do you think you are? You think you can come to my house, demand me to work on a project you didn't even know existed until I told you and make fun of my friends?"

"I'm not those airheaded minions of yours,
you don't get to control me." He spat.

I widened my eyes, completely taken back by his frustration. "I- I wasn't even trying to-

"Save the bullshit excuses for Cane. Leave." Kai stared at me blankly.

"Y'know what? Fuck you! I don't need you! I'll do it my damn self!" I huffed.

His laugh made me furious. Those braces from middle school really paid off because his teeth were perfect.

"Good luck, Princess." He turned the opposite way to walk back to the garage.

"I won't need it because i'm a strong independent woman!"

...

I FUCKING NEEDED KAI RIVERA SO BAD.

The song was beautiful don't get me wrong- but there was no way I could learn the guitar, sing and learn to drum in a span of three weeks.