TWENTY TWO

ALANA'S HOUSE WAS FLOODED WITH people from our school, I thought my popularity died down but obviously it didn't

I poured vodka into my cup full of cranberry juice, mixing it in my hand before downing it.

"This is my song, c'mon Alana let's dance!" I gasped and dragged her along.

I completely forgot about Kai in this moment, not because of Maria, but because this was my song!

♫ Everybody look at me, me
I walk in the door, you start screaming ♫

I tangled my hands through my hair and danced like a white girl, I was Persian but not tonight. From the glimpse of my eyes I could see Kai awkwardly standing there.

Jesus christ.

I walked over to him, catching my breath between laughs. "Leave boring Kai at home for once, dance with me emo."

"I'm not a dancer." He blushed, itching his neck embarrassedly.

"Not even for Maria." Fuck Ariana, intrusive thoughts are supposed to stay IN!

His eyebrows tightened together and his whole demeanor changed at the mention of her name.

"What?"

"What?" I mocked with a pretend confused tone. "Actually screw the dance I have to use the bathroo—

Kai grasped onto my wrist while I was trying to walk away, pulling my back to him unintentionally aggressively.

I glanced up at his unfamiliar angry eyes and gulped.

"What do you know about Maria?"

"Nothing, I just saw her text you, I didn't mean to say that and I wouldn't have if I knew it would make you so mad." I responded uneasily.

His expression disappeared when he realized he was trigger something deep inside me.

"I'm sorry, Ariana. I didn't mean to scare you." He moved his hand to grip my face but I swiped it down immediately.

"I have to fucking pee." I slurred, storming away from him as far as I could.

Maria must've been a huge trigger because Kai wasn't the type to get aggressive, well around me that was.

I looked at my reflection and of course I looked hot. I'd been too distracted with music to keep up with my slut status, I needed to catch a dick.

I walked out after freshening myself up, walking back out to the party to spot who I was going to plot on.

I spotted a curly haired boy sitting on the couch already previously looking at me. Bingo.