TWENTY

I REREAD THE ADDRESS ON THE PAPER TO make sure I didn't show up to the wrong house with a bat in my hand, that would be crazy

I knocked on the front door rapidly. My heart was pounding so hard but it didn't matter.

As soon as the door crack open I stuck my hand threw, pushing it open wider and raising my bat.

"Ariana? Are you fucking insane!" Charlotte shrieked.

"Yeah, maybe." I shrugged. "You fucking bitch! You're the reason my brother overdosed!"

"W—what?"

"Don't play stupid cunt, this pill bottle says Marget Evergreen, you've been selling my brother your moms drugs!" I revealed.

Her eyes widened as she realized that her little secret was out. "You don't understand."

"You better get to explain then, maybe i'll hold back a little." I lied.

"You're brother came to me, he told me how miserable he was and how you didn't even care. He told me if I sold him drugs he would help me become cheer captain." She explained.

Oh.

This couldn't be true, she was just lying so I wouldn't kick her ass, no way Liam would do that. The same Liam who lied straight to your face?

"Where'd your mother get the drugs from?" I questioned.

"She has cancer, they give her all kinds of pills for pain and all that shit."

What a sick human being she was.

"I'm gonna kick your ass, but i'm also gonna tell my mom and my lawyer that you're dealing drugs, do you want that?" I asked.

Charlotte shook her head.

"Good, so you're gonna get me a meeting with your daddy's little business partner as soon as possible." I demanded.

"O—okay."

If I didn't look out for myself who would? Being selfless wasn't a bad thing, it was a smart thing.

...

"THE MEETING IS TOMMOROW."

I informed Kai about everything that happened last night, including my plan to convince Mr. Malarc to let us preform the song.

"Do you know what you're gonna say?" He asked, scribbling in a answer to the music worksheet.

"Not really, I have to think of something that will make his jaw drop in shock, y'know?" I glanced over at his paper and copied the same answer.