EIGHT

THERE WAS NO WAY THIS WAS REAL

There was no way the funny, sweet and rockstar girl i've been talking to all these months was Ariana fucking Levine.

I could tell she was just as horrified as I was by her facial expression. I wasn't the guy she wanted and she sure wasn't the girl I wanted.

"I can't- I can't do this right now." Ariana stormed out of the place with tears of embarrassment in her eyes.

I shut my eyes, wondering why the universe was constantly against me.

By the time I went outside she was long gone so I decided to just go back home.

It would be so awkward having to perform the duet with her now. I just hoped that there would be some maturity on her part.

I laid on my bed with my head in my hands, deep in my thoughts per usual.

Don't get me wrong Ariana looked amazing. I wouldn't have expected black to look that good on her.

To think that she spent all that time getting ready for me was insane.

"Kai, i'm home!"

I let out a sigh before hopping out my bed to greet my mom who came from another long shift at the hospital.

"Another tattoo? When'd you get that?" She instantly noticed since I was wearing a white wife beater.

"It's nothing." I muttered. "How was work?"

"Great just surrounded by sick people and blood all day."

I cracked a smile at her joke. As she went to her room to shower I went downstairs to cook dinner.

I enjoyed cooking a lot, especially pasta, it was my specialty if you asked me and literally anyone I cooked for.

I bobbed my head to Nirvana while opening the can of pasta sauce.

"Kai, get the door!"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Who would come to my house this late? Me nor my mom barely had any friends.

I opened the front door, my eyes having to drift very low to meet with the girl on my porch.

"Ariana! Is that you? I haven't seen you since sandbox days! Come in!" My mom shrieked.

Ariana glanced to me for some or approval, I just rolled my eyes and widened the door for her to come in.

Just as I thought this night couldn't get any worse.

"Excuse the kitchen my son's cooking."

"You cook?" She tilted her head, raising her eyebrows in shock.

"On occasions." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Mom, maybe we should-

"I love your outfit! You look like those girls from those music videos my son watches." My mom cut me off.