THIRTEEN

SUNDAY WAS GOING BY TOO FAST

Probably because I spent the entire day running around doing errands. Tomorrow was the day I was gonna say fuck the world.

I had planned this day out in my head for years. I couldn't believe it was actually happening.

"This or this?" I held up two black tops, one was a basic v-neck and the second one had to tied in the front.

"The second one definitely." Alana shrieked, clapping her hands.

I giggled at her excitement, placing the top she chose on my bed and the other back in the bag. I had already decided to wear a grey skirt.

We spent the next two hours planning everything until Alana eventually had to go home.

I sat at the edge of my bed, flickering my eyes to one bag that I hadn't touched yet. And I wasn't gonna until tomorrow.

I flickered my eyes to my room door being open, I immediately knew it was my brother because he never knocked.

"Liam?" I questioned confusedly.

He didn't respond automatically and instead walked up to me, unbawling his hands to reveal something.

In his hand was a red heart pendant that was connected by a blank string.

"Mom told me you were performing. And I thought- this would- um- fit you or whatever." He narrowed his eyes.

I didn't know why but tears welded in my eyes. My brother gave me a gift? Was the world ending?

"I-I love it. Thanks." I stammered.

"Ugh, please don't start crying." He groaned.

"I'm not, shut up." I lied while wiping away my very obvious tear. "Now give me a hug loser."

Immediately he tried to get away from my embrace but I was much faster than him, smothering him with my skinny arms.

"This feels so weird."

"Tell me about it."

...

TODAY WAS THE DAY.

My heart was racing as I looked in the reflection of my mirror, I didn't recognize myself, maybe it was the eyeliner, or my outfit, or literally everything.

I ironically felt happier today.

"You look hot, Ariana." I motivated myself, wrapping the gifted necklace around neck and connecting it.

"You look like you bathed in the color black."

I snapped my head to my youngest brother who standing in the hall with a iPad in his hand.