FOURTEEN

I FELT SICK

I FELT SICK.

We were gonna be the first ones performing, everyone was gonna be attentive to us, to me, and Kai.... together.

To make matters even worse we weren't even on good terms anymore.

I could tell he felt guilty as he stood across from me with my guitar in his hands.

The auditorium was packed with students who were talking amongst each other, waiting for the curtains to open.

I was behind the curtain, holding the microphone in my shaking hand. This was really happening.

I felt a presence behind, turning around it was Kai who was hovering over me, his now dried hair falling over his face.

"Look i'm sorry-

"I don't need your apology. I need an A in this class so just play the stupid guitar" I cut him short, tucking the strains of my hair anxiously. "Okay?"

"Cool." He nodded, walking back over to his spot.

"Is everyone ready?" Mr.Davis asked all of us.

No.

"And... open curtains!"

The bright stage light flashed on me- the audiences chattering lowering instantly.

You can do this, Ariana.

"Woo! Go Ariana!" Liam shouted from somewhere in the crowd.

I felt more confidence by his chant, even though everyone was staring at me with disgust, I remembered Alana's words.

Fuck people.

The low-rippling sound of the beginning of the instrumental made my heart speed up.

I waited... and waited... until I heard Rico's drums filling my ears.

1.

2.

I gripped the microphone in my hand, shutting my eyes. 3. "I feel soon. I will sink. Into you. What do you think?"

My voice was a little shaky because of my nerves but I knew I could stop now.

Hearing the drums and guitar all together for the first time was a nostalgic experience. It reminded me of a talent show I did.