TWENTY FIVE

IVE NEVER SEEN ARIANA SO QUIET before, usually she'd have some slick remark or something but nothing came out

"Oh?" I mimicked her teasingly.

Her face flooded red, she immediately tried to hid it by looking away but I already seen it, she was flustered.

"Um why—why would you do that?" She wondered.

"You're not the only one with blackmailing skills, Princess." I jested.

"That wasn't my question."

I let out a defeated sigh. Truth be told I did it for her, obviously, but not for the reasons I should've.

I wasn't the type to fall easily or at all even, but as soon as I knew Ariana, really knew her, I always caught myself trying not to feel for her.

She wasn't the spoiled rich-girl I thought she was. She was smart, funny, talented and obviously gorgeous.

She wasn't a easy girl to get, so why would she want me?

"You deserved it, think of it as a thank you gift." I lied like a dumbass.

Her eyes seemed to falter, was that not the answer she wanted to hear? "Is that it?"

In this moment Ariana unintentionally let her mask slip for a second. In that single second I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

She wanted more.

"What would you want me to say, Ariana?" I furrowed my eyebrows, inching forward to her.

"Nothing, Malachi. I don't want you to say anything." She scoffed.

I couldn't contain myself from grinning ear to ear. I was such a blind dumb ass, how didn't I see how nervous she was around me before?

Her chest was pressed up, her pupils struggling to stay still as they looked into mine.

She was speechless just like at the mall. 

"I don't believe you."

Her breath got caught in her throat when I brought my fingers up to lift her chin, our height difference was too drastic so I had to lean down some.

"I don't want you to say shit." She emphasized every word but didn't mean one.

"So you don't wanna hear me say that I did it for you, that I knew it meant a lot to you, that I care about you." I confessed.

I could finally breathe now that the heavy weight of holding that in was out.

Her eyes glistened with awe. I wasn't expecting her to react but I was shocked when she shoved me back?

"You're such a fucking dumbass. Why would you say that?" Ariana backed away with her hands anxiously through her hair.

"What?" I spoke in confusion and hurt.