Chapter 7

Filius let the students work on their essay's that day since he'd gone over all of what was needed that day. He wouldn't be using spells until at least october. Especially when he saw just today a Gryffindor first year blow up a goblet of water during breakfast. He didn't even want to know what spell the boy was trying. Poor Minerva had her hand full with that group.

Looking over at the Gryffindors Filius had to hold in a wince at the length of an essay by a bushy haired girl. She looked to already be a foot over the required. On the other side of the room, many of the Slytherins looked done with their essays and were now looking through different books making notes. He'd talk with Minerva about the new Slytherins and how Hades seemed far more advanced than his classmates.

The boy had picked up magic like he was breathing air. The others who tended to stay around him had the same natural amplitude as the boy. They rarely brought out their wands, mainly focusing on wandless and, most times, word less magic. The bell rang and Filius yelled out, "May I please have Heir Slytherin say behind for a moment?"

The boy looked up from packing his bags, curious. The others around him also stayed. Hades walked up to his desk, "Is there something wrong sir?"

"No. No. I was wandering if you'd let me do a power scan on your core. Your friends are welcomed to it as well. It's just that wandless magic requires a well developed core. It's just not common in young children. Older students tend to have it more because they use their magic more. See, magic is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets."

Hades nodded, "I do not mind it but I ask you to keep whatever the results to yourself."

"Of course." He scanned each of them as they stepped forward, explaining each new level. They all had cores of a well developed seventh year. Hades stepped up last and Filius cast his spell. The aura that came around Hades was a bright shimmering gold before turning white, "Oh my!" Filius jumped a little, "Brilliant! It's been many years since a person had a Gold Aura! Not since Merlin's time! It's rumored that Salazar had one but it was never recorded! Your core is also on level with a fully trained Senior Field Aoura. And it's still growing in such a developmental stage! It's utterly brilliant! If you all were to need help with anything, just come and ask. I'll try and get some more challenging work for you since most of what we do this year is rather simple."

Hades gave him a smile, "Thank you Professor, we'll take your words to mind for future use. For now we're just reading a lot about the wizarding world. Would there be any books not in the library that you'd recommend us to read?"

"Oh yes, but you'll have to give me a day or two to write you a list. There are so many books you could start on. It's a shame how small our library has gotten."

Hades gave him a bowed head, "Thank you again Professor, but we must get going to our next class."

"Oh yes. Off you go. See you all next class."

Severus glared at the last students to trail into his class. He wanted his Slytherins punctual but they had barely gotten to his class on time. Using his wand, the door slammed closed behind them. The reaction was instant from the trailing Slytherins. Wands fell into their hands, their knees bent ready to run should something come at them. Severus could have sworn a few of them also had blades in their other hand.

Hades glared at him from the front of the group. Severus glared back. With a jerk of the head, Hades directed the others to take seats. Hades sat down only when the others were all seated. Severus couldn't help comparing the group to when he had first joined the Death Eaters. It was how his Lord used to act, before the madness had taken over. It sent a motionless shiver down the hardened warrior's spin.