Chapter 25

Yule morning, Hades walked down the stairs to the going Yule log. It's cinders had burned all night and would go until midnight tonight. Jace was staggering after him, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. They both saw Marvolo sitting in the Family room of their home. Jace and Hades still couldn't believe this was their life now.

The two boys sat down and a tray of tea with breakfast plates popped into existence. They both took a tray. Eating slowly through their food. Marvolo hummed, "Are you two going to open your gifts or not?"

Hades grinned, "Just seeing how long it'd take you to get impatient old man."

Marvolo rolled his eyes, "Go on."

Hades stepped forward distributing the gifts. Hades had a large sprawl of gifts from almost all of his Slytherin house mates. Jace got many from the gang members. Marvolo had quite a few from his own followers and allies. Hades went first since he grabbed all the gifts.

The first he opened was from Jace. It was three large bright pink collars with spikes. One for each head. Hades grinned at it, "Nothing for Bastet?"

"I already gave her, her gift." Jace huffed, "A nice jussie dehorned yack."

Marvolo laughed, "She'll be begging for more soon."

Moving to the gift Marvolo got for him, Hades held his breath. Opening it, Hades stared in awe. It was all in Paluselscript. Pulsulemagic, "Thank you." Hades smiled, "I'll study it diligently."

They moved on. Many gave him candies and books. He got a few real gifts from Draco and Theo. Draco sent him a dire wolf cloak. It was pure white and embroidered with warming runes. Theo's gift was mildly interesting. It was a set of ruby red earrings. Hades didn't normally wear earrings even if he did have them pierced. It really wasn't his choice when he got them pierced. The wonder is how Theo knew. Did the boy really pay that close attention to him or was it something else.

"Marvolo, does giving jewelry or earrings mean anything in the Wizarding world?" Hades asked, showing the red earrings.

Marvolo paused in his own unboxing to look, "Well something like that wouldn't normally be given as a gift unless that person is family, courting, or to make someone notice them to a courting. Who sent this?"

"Theodore Malfoy." Hades brought the earrings back to himself, "No one even knows that my ears are pierced."

Marvolo frowned, "I believe it is a courting gift. He wishes to start courting you. He wouldn't expect your ears to be pierced but if you go out and do it just to wear the earrings. Theo may take it as a way of considering his offering of Courting."

"If I don't wear them?" Hades asked.

"Then he knows that his advances are not welcome or not interested."

Hades sighed, "Bummer. They are lovely but I don't consider his courtship. Should I return them?"

"You can. Most just put them in their Vaults or sell them. They are gifts."

Hades set the earrings aside, "I'll send them back. I hope he won't try again."

"I could do something about that." Jace chimed in with a grin.

Hades gave Jace a smirk, "That's my job. I'll take care of it."

"No?" Jace grinned suddenly, "I was thinking of adding a third member to me and Cole. He put out there to ask that red headed curse breaker."

Hades looked up from his next gift to glare at Jace, "I dare you to try brother. See what happens."

Mavolo sighed. Just what he needed. A Weasley married into his family. Marvolo considered Bill. The boy was the heir of the Weasley family. Got a good head on his shoulders. Worked as a top curse breaker and warder for Gringotts.