Chapter 23

Sorry Up late. Still working on my other story.

Happy reading!

It was Halloween, the first one Hades would finally join in the magical tradition Draco talked about. The other festivals pale in comparison, according to Draco and Theo. Blaze seemed unbiased about the whole thing but participated as well. Hades wondered if he really should. It would mean talking or at the very least, feeling, his parents. He never before cared about their opinions. Why did he care now?

Plowing a head into the small room the Slytherins had commandeered for the ritual. Flint was putting on the last little bit of runes. Everyone was to sit just on the outside of the circle and hold one candle. Hades did this. Flint got into the center and started the ritual. Hades felt the rush of magic and let it flow through him and then into Hogwarts.

The old castle relished the feeling of new magic. Hades had spent the first entire month reinforcing the wards, creating new ones, and adding more and more power to the old castle. She seemed even more alive than ever. Instead of the stairs changing at random times, they'd go in the location you were heading. Making the main stairs finally usable again. The corridors looked far more spotless. Now she has so much more.

Hades closed his eyes in the rush of magic, clutching his candle to him. When he opened them again, he was alone. His candle was gone and the room now shined with light. A scuffing behind him, caused Hades to jump up, pulling his knife. A man and woman stood behind him. They both looked both happy and sad. Comfort seemed to radiate from them.

"Harry." The woman said softly, "My Harry. How you've grown."

"I'm Hades." Hades started with a snap.

The woman smiled wider, "You will always be Harry to me."

Hades looked between them, "Your James and Lily Potter."

The man nodded and gave a small smile, "Yes. We love you, you know."

"Why was I put there?" Hades demanded with force, "With those horrible people?!"

Tears came down Lily's face, "You were never supposed to go with her. She is the most horrible woman and that Husband." Lily shuttered, "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You did the most you could. You defend yourself. We should have been there to protect you. We are so sorry." More tears, "Please don't hate us, but we could never hate you. We love you so much."

Hades shook his head, "I feel nothing." He admitted, "I don't remember anything about either of you. You can do what you want. But I'm going to be my own person."

James laughed, "Can you just do one thing for us? Don't trust Dumbledore. I also want you to know that Sirius Black is your Godfather and never betrayed us. Peter was our secret keeper. Dumbledore knew all this. He put you there. He wanted power. You are power my little bambi. We will always stand with you. We love you, always."

The two started to fade and Hades panicked, "What? What secret keeper? Peter? Sirius? Explain to me what happened!"

But they were gone and Hades jolted up right, candle tumbling from his hands. Others looked to be waking up but none had jerked up like Hades had. Draco looked up at him a little hazy, "You good Hades?"

"What's a secret keeper?"

Draco frowned, "It's an old type of magic. It's a type of ward. No one can see, hear, or speak of the thing under the ward but one person. They're known as a secret keeper. Why?"

"My relative just mentioned it briefly. I wondered what it was."

"Oh, one of your family homes must be under it."