Chapter 27

Hades kept his eyes on Matt the best he could. Every Slytherin knew to keep an eye on the first years. If something happened to Matt at any point they knew what would happen. He'd kill them all. He was getting fidgety though. With how many of those dementors are now out and around the shool, Hades felt all those feelings he'd had back when he was with the Dursleys. It made him angry.

Draco approached cautiously that morning. Everyone knew the Heir was hostile currently. The mood shifts were off the charts and unpredictable, "Hades?"

"What?" Hades snapped, scribbling his answers onto a sheet of paper.

"Are you coming to the Samhain gathering?"

Hades took in a deep breath and let out a sigh, "What day is it?"

"The day before." Draco answered with a small smile, "Are you doing well?"

"No. The castle feels weird and is pulling my magic more than normal. I think Dumbledore is messing with the wards again. Those Dememters shouldn't even be able to enter Hogmaid."

Draco frowned, "Do you want me to get Severus?"

"No." Hades shook his head, "I have an idea but I'll need to do it the night of Samhain. I don't think I'll be participating this year but I'll do my own."

Draco nodded, "Alright. Just needed the numbers. I hope you figure this all out and I'm always here if you need help."

Hades looked up at him and nodded, "Thanks Draco."

Draco gave one last nod before turning away and leaving Hades to his books.

That night Hades snuck up to one of the many vankent towers. He'd been reading about a ritual to bring Hogwarts back to her glory. In his third year now. The two went by fast with much happening. He normally didn't pay attention with gaps where he couldn't remember or it blurred. Using a small bag of gunpowder, Hades poured out the ritual circle carefully. When it was all set up, Hades lit a match and set the gunpowder a lite.

The start of the burn was a normal red orange before turning to a bright green. The flames leaving behind burnt wood. Hades shook his head as it was still fuzzy and not set straight. He sat down in the middle of the circle. When he pulled on his magic it felt already used and sluggish. Hades shook head head again, concentrating.

"Sanguis meus. Propinquus meus. Mea magica. Coniuro te. in adjutorium meum intende. Subveni legecy quam aedificasti. Redde nunc. Imple eam iterum admiratione. Magia adiuva me. mors custodiet te. me fata relinquunt. Fatum mihi crede. Vocem meam audi. Vocem meam audi. Da votum meum. Horum magicae iterum coniunge."

Magic swam around him, leaving Hades to feel as if he was under water. He stopped in his chanting as his breath left him and he was falling. That light from the halloween swallowed him once more but he fell right through it even as two sets of hands tried reaching for him at the same time. He fell all the way down into a glowing river of magic.

Hades felt his mouth open, a scream built up out of his throat only for no sound to leave. Hades shut his mouth, grinding his teeth together and opening his eyes. Not knowing when he shut them. The sight around him was disorienting. He could see nothing but yet everything was clear to him. He wasn't in a river but many did feed into this large pool of pure, wild, magic.

Looking up, Hades saw Hogwarts above him. Ley Lines, Hades concluded. It was rumored and even hinted at in some books but to see it was a whole new world. Looking closer at the magic surrounding Hogwarts, Hades winced. The ward were a tangled mess of so many over laying wards. Some looked original with newer parts properly added but than there were ones that wrapped around the wards, making them useless.