Chapter 14

Voldemort didn't know what to say to his new found child. And Hades was now his child. Hookjaw, his new Goblin Vault manager, had given him a brief overview on the right of conquest. He had killed the boy's parents but the boy had defeated him, making it a right win by conquest. It was the problem of the boy being under age and him killing the Merlin damned parents. It made Voldemort the sole responsibility of raising an eleven year old boy who's lived on his own for the past six years on the muggle streets.

It also meant he needed a name and a cover story for being the boy's guardian. Hades already admitted to a teacher he had no one looking after him. It meant sending a letter soon to Minerva McGonagall about the boy being overly dramatic. Also explaining that the boy was his cousin or nephew rather than his son. He was also staying with many other children so he could help out with the new Primary school and Magical Orphanage. Thankfully he wasn't the only one.

"Quirinus." Voldemort called from his area in the expanded tent, "I need you for a moment."

The man bustled in far more relaxed now that he didn't have a sharded spirit inhabiting his body and magic, "Yes, my lord?"

"I want to change around the dark mark from yours. It's going to hurt."

"Yes my lord."

Voldemort sighed, taking the arm outstretched to him. He closed off the mark the moment he came back so others wouldn't know. He had a traitor but couldn't pinpoint who exactly, but could take a guess. Pointing his wand at the area the Dark Mark was supposed to be, Voldemort pushed his magic through the bonds.

Quirinus grit his teeth as the bonds around the mark dug deeper into the benign. The silencing and secrecy spells on the mark growing sharper. The mark also faded from his arm. The teacher could still feel it there but there was no evidence.

"How's that feel?"

"I can feel the enhanced security sir, and the mark. Even if I can't see it, sir."

"Good." Voldemort sat back, "Are you ready to finish off this school year?"

"Yes sir. I'll just say I got help with the stutter over break."

Voldemort nodded, "That should work. Remember to stay far away from Severus for now."

"I will sir. Um, may I ask a question?"

"About?"

"Hades, is he your son?"

"Of sorts. He's now my responsiblality no matter what anyway. We can't kill each other. Salazar Slytherin put a clause in the Family rings. Wearing them, we can't kill either Heir or Lord."

"So the Prophecy made about you?"

"No longer valid or a lie." Voldemort sat down, "What would do for a name? I need a new one."

"Well sir what's wrong with keeping Marvolo as the first name? It's Grant name when they were magical. You'll take the surname Slytherin. All you're looking for is a middle name. So something pureblood. It's not going to matter in the long run."

"Marvolo Magus Slytherin." Voldemort finally said, "That will do. Now I have to get to Kargarof. He'll make me a cover story or I'll have my first piece of fun since coming back."

Quirinus shivered, "I'll leave you now my Lord."

"Go." Voldemort, after signing the document before him and becoming Marvolo, "Get rest now. I do not think we'll get another opportunity.

Severus bit his tongue to hold in the scream as a shock of pain raised from his forearm to his body. He dropped to his knees on to the stone floors of his potions lab, clutching at his arm and where his mark rested. He could feel it growing stronger and the magic dived into his mind right past his shields, leaving a small warning before settling.