Chapter 18

Hades went through the rest of first year without a hitch. It was a week into summer and Minerva was going to meet with Hades and his Uncle. She hoped to move him up a few years but Marvolo Slytherin had declined. Said that the boy was incredibly smart and skilled but didn't grow up in the Wizarding world. Said the boy would do good learning with his own age group.

Severus decided to tag along seeing that it was his Slytherin. They were directed to a small bookstore in the middle of Londen. An older teenage boy at the counter greeted Severus by name, looking weary at Minerva before directing them upstairs. Severus knocked before waiting.

"You've been here before?" Minerva questioned.

Severus nodded, "It's not far from my own home. He asked me over, during winter break, to talk about his nephew's progress at school."

"You didn't happen to mention moving him up a year or two."

"I did and he told me the same thing he told you."

The door opened. Hades looked at them both with hesitation before schooling his face back into a neutral facade, "Professors, what a wonder to see you. Is there something I can help you with?"

Severus gave the boy a slight turn of his lips. A thing Minerva had never seen from the man, "Heir Slytherin, we're here for a meeting with your Uncle. Could you lead us to Him?"

Hades nodded, opening the door for them wider but his hand was no longer free. An ebony black stick was held loosely in the fingers. Minerva frowned at the sign of distrust in them. Stepping through the door was like walking through a portal.

While the book shop was on the low end of acceptable, the apartment was upper city Londen flat quality. It had stairs up to a second floor in the entry. The domed ceiling sported a chandelier that sparkled in the light. The floor was a dark ebony that accented the red walls.

"Hades! Who was at the door?" A teen was leaning on the rail up on the second floor. This teen was consequently missing an article of clothing.

"Jackson Marcus Arillus! Go get a shirt on! We have guests!" A voice thundered down the halls.

The teen took off down the hall quick enough that Minerva thought the boy popped away. Storming into sight was a tall, dark haired man. He was in a royal blue muggle shirt that collared at the top. The man sighed looking over the railing to his guests below, "Hades, please take our guests to my office. I need a word with your brother first."

Hades shrugged, leading them down a main hall to one the four doors. The office they were led to was quant for such a high ranked lord. Both Severus and Minerva were invited to sit down and tea popped into existence.

"Thank you Zuse." Hades called out to the house elf, "Now why are you really here?"

Severus hummed but didn't say anything. The door opened and the man from before walked in. Hades scampered up onto a window ledge at the top of the vaulted ceiling, "Greetings, Professors. I'm Heir Slytherin. Is there something I can help you with today?"

Minerva sat forward, "We would like you to clarify some things and possibly boost Hades Slytherin up in classes."

"Ah, the Guardian mix up." Marvolo concluded, "Hades told me about that. He is right that he does not need nor have a true Guardian. Hades is the Lord of our house. He just stays with me for the Ministry's sake."

Minerva nodded, "He has always been with you?"

The man leaned back, "And who's questions are you asking? Your's or another's?"

Severus nodded, "The Headmaster wants to make sure the child is taken care of."

"Well at least someone is honest. To answer his inquiries, No. I did not raise Hades. He was in an orphanage until the acceptance letter for Hogwarts came. Going to Gringotts, Hades got an inheritance test and found himself to be my nephew."

"And how does this all relate to the Dark Lord?" Severus pushed even as Minerva scowled at him.

She turned to look at the man, "That you do not have to answer. We can move on to education. I know I'm not the boy's head of house, but I believe Hades would do well with a more advanced curriculum."

The man waved away her apology, "It's free to the public to learn. I'm one of two sons from Tom Marvolo Riddle. As you know him, Voldemort. Hades is the son of my elder brother, making him the main line and me the Heir."

"I'm not skipping any class years." Hades called from his spot.

"I agree. He won't skip any years but maybe having a few personal studies will do him some good. Dance would be helpful." Tom inserted.

"I'd rather die." Hades cut in.

Marvolo sipped his tea to hide the smirk that almost formed, "Now Hades, think about the future. One must be versed in all arts and magic to lead such an old and noble house. Dancing will be required as you age. Better to learn now than on the dance floor."

Hades slouched with a glare out the window, "Fine. What else must I take? I'm already doing Law, Business, and Financial Accounting. What do you want next? Piano Lessons?"

Tom did grin this time, "Actually."

"No! Nope! Nada!"

Tom turned to the teachers with a bemused expression, "I'll get him some extra curricular activities and studies. He'll be kept occupied and not be causing problems."

Hades huffed but kept his mouth shut this time. They finished up the meeting and they escorted the teachers out of the magical home. When they were all done Hades turned to Marvolo, "I will not be taking Piano Lessons."

"Well..." Marvolo grinned, "It would help you considerably in the future."

"Like how?"

"You'll need to whoo a mate sooner rather than later."