𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁

[content warning: short chapter]

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

3ʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ (◍•ᴗ•◍)

TWO DAYS BEFORE THE BOYS (FEATURING [NAME]) INFILTRATED THE ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

°

[M/n] hated waking up at the ungodly hour of night, it irritated her. But she couldn't help but feel intrigued by the voices in the other room.

So she went to investigate. She quietly stepped across the hall to the Oiran's living quarters, her room was the only other room on that floor.

It took longer than expected for Oiran Warabihime to like her but the payoff was worth it. At least if she kept her mouth shut about the Oiran's secret.

[M/n] tiptoed to the door and placed her ear to it, instantly she was met with the shouting of the chairwoman. It was hard to make out what she was saying but she could tell the chairwoman was angry.

In a heartbeat, her shouting stopped. [M/n] tried to listen in more intently.

Dead silence. Nothing. Almost as if no one was talking in the first place.

Still cautious, [M/n] moved away from the room and headed down to get something to drink. With her drink in her hand, she sighed in relief. Maybe she was just imagining things, there wasn't actually anyone in there.

Her sleeping problems were obviously the cause of her ridiculous hallucinations.

"Hello my dear, [M/n]."

The (h/c) woman froze dead in her tracks.

She knew the lady was quick, but she didn't think she was that fast.

"Whatever are you doing this late at night?" Oiran Warabihime's frightening voice spoke into [M/n]'s ear.

[M/n] gulped, her body shivering slightly. "I was... I was just—"

"Tell me my dear." Warabihime interrupted, her voice lowering to a whisper. "Were you by my room earlier? And don't you dare try to lie... you know I hate liars.."

The (h/c) woman clenched her fist before slowly shaking her head. "No I wasn't. I was getting this cup of water. F-For you." She tried to act confident in her words, desperately hoping the Oiran would believe her obvious lie.

For an uncomfortably long time, the Oiran said nothing. [M/n] thought she was done for before the lady snatched her cup out of her hands. Walking slowly to her quarters before slamming the sliding door shut.

In the hallway, [M/n] breathed out a sigh mixed with irritation and relief. So much for getting refreshed.

As she trudged back to her room, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. She stood in front of her door before sighing.

"C'mon, [M/n]." She scolded herself as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Snap out of it. This is not happening."

She slowly pulled open the door and the first thing she saw was the corpse of her former husband. The left side of his face was completely devoured and bleeding out onto her clean tatami floor, staining it in a dirty maroon colour.

Shakily, [M/n] stepped into the room and shut the door behind her. "It's all in your head." She whispered as she took a deep breath. "This is not happening."

She stepped over her husband's corpse and slide into her futon bed, her shaky (e/c) pupils staring at the ceiling. She stayed staring at the ceiling until she was sure his presence was gone.

She turned to the side and, sure enough, his corpse was gone. Like it was never there in the first place.

[M/n] breathed a sigh of relief. Another night, another useless hallucination.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐨 𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

‗ ❍ [𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞]'𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟓 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬. 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐬 "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐜𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞: 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬."

a/n

i lost my sketchbook containing everything i drew related to this book.

BUT i was able to find a picture that i drew before i lost my sketchbook.

it's currently summer in my country so i thought it would be fitting to make some summer art

i'll post the rest of the artwork once my sketchbook has been found.

with that being said, i hope you all have a wonderful day/night and let me know if i made any mistakes <33333