14.

Weak In The Knees

*A Week Later*

4AM

Kedim and I were sitting in the backseat. Our mother was in the passenger seat knocked out and our uncle was driving. We were on our way back home from a little family trip.

My head was resting on the window as I looked at the headlights on the other cars.

I miss my stinka.

I looked to my right a little when I heard Kedim chuckle. "What?" I looked at him. "Yazmin told me to tell you to take your phone off do not disturb and answer her texts." Kedim chuckled.

"Oh shit!" I grabbed my phone. "I forgot I had my shit on DND..." I quickly unlocked my phone. I then immediately went to Yazmin's messages.

𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: I miss you so bad
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: I wanna cuddle when you come back
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: What time y'all supposed to be back in the morning again??

𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: Hello??
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: Keniya.
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: Your phone been on dnd all day bruh
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: I'm bouta press that notify anyway button in a sec idc

𝐌𝐞: Lmfaooo you should've pressed it cause I deadass forgot my phone was on dnd

Yazmin almost immediately opened my message. But she didn't respond right away. In fact, she left me on seen for almost ten minutes before responding. Her first text was the rolling eyes emoji, then she proceeded to yell over text.

𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: KENIYA
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: HOW TF YOU FORGET??
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: YOU AINT NOTICE THE ABSENCE OF NOTIFICATIONS??

𝐌𝐞: First, why you yelling? Stop ts
𝐌𝐞: Second, nah cause I was too busy enjoying my own peace...something you can learn from

𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: And you can learn from this ass whooping I got waiting for you when you get back

𝐌𝐞: Lmfaooo okay

𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: You piss me tf off.

𝐌𝐞: You still miss me tho

Yazmin disliked my message, then proceeded to send me a paragraph full of rolling eyes emojis. I smiled to myself while hearting the paragraph of rolling eyes emojis.

"She over there fussing yo ass out, ain't she?" Kedim teased. "Bruh, mind your business." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Damn, she must be going in." Kedim mockingly chuckled. "Kedim, worry bout your girl. I got mines." I told him. "Ew, y'all cute or whatever." Kedim continued to teased.

I raised my middle finger at him. I then looked back at my phone to read Yazmin's messages.

𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: And your phone still on dnd
𝐘𝐚𝐳𝐦𝐢𝐧: Act right so I don't have to be mad at you. I don't have time for this shit.

𝐌𝐞: I just turned it off and why you still up?

Yazmin immediately facetimed me. I laughed to myself while grabbing my airpods. Once I put them in, I answered Yazmin's call.

When the call finally went through, I saw Yazmin sitting in her kitchen. She had her phone propped up against something while staring at me. Yazmin had a bowl of cereal in front of her.

"Keniya." Yazmin said. "Yazmin." I returned the energy. "You already know I be up all hours of the night. The fuck you doing up?" Yazmin questioned.