Chapter Twelve

"And I'm leaving," I muttered, rushing out of the dining room to escape everyone's stares.

"Ziena!" I heard Brent growl out, then footsteps came running after me and I quickened my pace. He managed to catch up, yanking me to a stop in the hallway and spinning me around to face him.

I anticipated to get yelled at and scolded, but he suddenly frowned. "I'm sorry," he said, engulfing me in a random hug that I hesitantly returned. We stood like that a moment until he tightened his hold. "You deserve better than this—someone who'll make you happy. I'm sorry," he added, pulling away with a pitiful, sad smile.

I nodded, blinking away the forming water in my eyes as I turned away and continued to my room in silence. If I had answered, I surely would've began crying.

As soon as I entered, my eyes fell on two articles of clothing on my freshly made bed and my brows furrowed. I walked over to them, picking up the material and feeling my confusion rise. My gaze then fell on a note.

Put this on and meet me in the pool room. Bring a friend.

"You son of a bitch," I breathed in disbelief, crinkling up the paper before peering down at what I now realize is a rash vest and swim shorts.

You gave me the most skin covering swimsuit you could find all because Garret will be present, didn't you, you territorial asshole?

Smirking, I went into the closet and pulled out my bikini, feeling the smirk on my lips grow into a devious grin.

Well, news flash—you can't claim what isn't yours, Kayden.

𓃥

I stood in front of my mirror, smiling maliciously to myself while my eyes trailed every inch of my body through the reflection. The tiny triangles of the maroon colored top covered my areola's perfectly, exposing most of my breasts on the left and right sides where they popped out of the lifting fabric. The thin strings connected to the triangle top were tied tight behind me, aiding the lifted look and making them appear much perkier.

My bottoms were also held up by thin strings that sat over my hips. The triangle piece covered between my legs, flowing comfortably to my butt where it thinned out into a thong and connected to the strings.

A low whistle filled my ears and I turned, spotting Maya standing in the doorway with wide eyes, her hand still clutched around the handle. She stood frozen in her spot.

"You're going to have him dreaming about you, girl," she grinned, closing the door behind her and throwing down her bikini on my bed.

"I wouldn't have the confidence to wear something like this if you weren't," I replied, looking back to the mirror and twisting my body in different angles to analyze myself for the millionth time.

This is going to be the most skin I've ever exposed to the public. I wear sweatpants and long-sleeved shirts year round because the summers here aren't too bad, sometimes I switch to t-shirts if it's a little warmer out.

"I don't know why you cover yourself, Ziena, your body is fucking God given. I wish," she laughed airily, her eyes openly scanning me. "Your hips are round, your ass is big, and your thighs are thick as fuck," she paused, making me turn to look at her with a raised brow.

"Let me just say, from your hips down, you're very thick and curvy, while everything from your waist up is toned and slim, which ultimately accentuates your perfect curves. You have a visible six pack and your tits are literally huge. If I didn't have a mate out there somewhere, I'd try to pursue you myself. I see why he's trying so hard."