The curse of Chupacabra

Eden's POV

I was out working on my farm with my grandparents Roger and Anna. I was riding Sundress checking out the heifers noticing one is missing. We go back to the barn as Grandpa was walking in.

Grandpa: Well kid, how's the heifers in the west field?

Me: They're happier as can be but one is missing, where do you think it would've gone? Maybe she got out through the fence?

Grandpa: We will save looking for her till tomorrow. Spirit is feeling lonely so go ride her around the yard and see for any meres, supper is at 6 so don't be late.

Me: Ok grandpa.

We saddle Spirit up and I get on her. We walk out of the barn and run around the yard and looking for any meres. I see one who's pregnant and about to give birth so I jump down and run to her and help her push the fawn out. After a few minutes the mere gave birth to a beautiful fawn. I get up and get on Spirit and we race to the house to tell my grandparents. When we get there I get off and my grandparents come out seeing me run up the porch.

Grandpa: What's wrong?

Me out of breath: A fawn has been born! I would like to get her in the barn tonight.

Roger: Go get cleaned up for dinner and I'll go get them in the barn.

He goes and gets on Spirit riding off as I go inside and to my bathroom starting the shower and try to get the smell off.

*the next day*

I was up at 5 checking everything making sure the cows and the horses were out for the day. I go feed the farm animals and let the horses and cows were out. When I finish that I go check the river bank to see if any coyotes were around. That's when I saw the fawns mom dead. She was face in the water so she most likely drowned but we run to the house to get my grandpa.

Me: Grandpa! Bella is dead! The fawn was with her before it happened!

We go back to Bella and grandpa looks over Bella and sees two puncture wounds in her neck which was the same as we've seen the last few months with our other farm animals.

Me: What's wrong?

Grandpa: It's him. The Chupacabra and we need to get this thing off our land. Go call some people and I'm going to get ready for a night hunt.

I go back home and do some research on who to call. I come across this business called Cryptid Hunters. So I call them.

Shawn: Cryptid Hunters Shawn speaking.

Me: Yes I have a problem with the Chupacabra. Are you guys able to come here as soon as possible?

Shawn: Yeah we can do that. Send us your address and we'll be on our way.

We hang up and I send them my address.

*hours pass*

It's been a few hours and Grandpa is about to go out to do his night hunt.

Me: Grandpa not yet. They should be here any minute.

Grandpa: I'm going to make sure the animals are safe.

As he says that we hear two vehicles pull in our driveway. We walk out and see four people get out. So we walk to them.

Shawn: Hey. Seems like we came just in time.

Me: Yeah.

Shawn: This is Andrea, Lynda and Gage. We're here to solve your problem and with this business problems.

Gage: Yeah.

Me: My name is Eden and this is my grandpa Roger. My grandma Anna is in the kitchen making dinner. I'll go get her.

Andrea: We'll meet her later. What can you tell us about the Chupacabra?

Grandpa: Been killing our livestock for months. I've had enough and about to go hunt for it.

Gage: I'll get the guns.

Me: You guys are going instead of grandpa right?

Lynda: If anyone know more about the land it's him right sir?

Grandpa: Exactly.

Gage comes back from the trailer with some guns and I sigh.

Me: Fine but you better make sure he's back in one piece!

Andrea and Shawn: With the Chupacabra should be saying back with all his blood.

They get everything set up for an all nighter hunt. Shawn and Gage went with grandpa while Andrea and Lynda stayed behind to comfort grandma and I.