Chapter Thirteen

Detective Jeff pov:

'a few days have passed since we last interrogated muzan's men, thanks to kokushibo there was a few criminals who worked under muzan that were in prison, none of their records showed that they worked for muzan which is why we didn't ask them sooner, anyways thanks to this new discovery we managed to find one of muzan's hideout'

*reading over some of reports that are tied to muzan* "hm....the choice made by the justice minister seems a little too inhuman but....the evidence says otherwise..."

police officer:*opens the door* "detective?"

"yes?"

police officer:"there's a lady that wishes to speak with you"

"I don't have time for this, I have a person that I'm tracking down!"

police officer:"she said that she's tanjiro's girlfriend and we don't know that person-"

"WHAT THE F#*K ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!? BRING HER IN!"

police officer:"O-of course?" *leaves*

'I don't have doubt that he's confused, I don't usually listen to people's request but if it's from tanjiro then there's no questions he is looking after Muzan, I did wonder why he didn't come, perhaps he was doing something else and needed to inform me and so he sent his girlfriend? either way I wait for her to come'

-ten minutes later-

kanao:*Opens the door while her head is down*

"ah! you finally came please grab a seat and let's chat"

police officer:"um.. should I stay or no?"

"sorry for my outburst earlier and please leave, don't forget to close the door"

'the officer left and closed the door which I'm thankful for because some people open doors and they just leave the door open, it's really annoying that I need to get up and close it myself so that I can have some peace, anyways the girl hasn't said anything but did what I told her.....she seemed gloomy, I wonder what happened?'

"so before anything.....how are you and tanjiro? everything okay?"

kanao:".....I'm fine...... tanjiro isn't"

"wait what!? did something happen to him!?"

kanao:".... nearly two weeks ago tanjiro's sister nezuko woke up"

"Seriously!? that's Amazing news, why isn't he fine?"

kanao:"because yesterday he learned that the doctor whose been treating his family for years has confirmed...that rest of his family only has a 1% chance of living"

'I couldn't believe what I just heard, I knew that his family's injuries were serious but I thought they would heal in time..... tanjiro is probably in shambles after hearing that'

"but there is a chance that they live"

kanao:"it's unlikely detective, their body's are using more nutrition than what it's supposed to be"

"why is that?"

kanao:"the doctor doesn't know"

" I see....how is Tanjiro and his sister?"

kanao:"not at their best"

"........so....you came here to inform that or is it because tanjiro wants me to track muzan faster?"

kanao:"...no..I came here on my own... because I have a request"

"..well..tell me"

'slowly but surely she began raising her head, I'm not going to lie......I thought she was a serial killer, her eyes were dead..they glowed but no pupil, her face expression was so relaxing yet so murderous,the way she smiled would fool any man but not me.....I could see it that it wasn't a happy smile.......it was a smile of bloodlusted happiness, it wasn't wide nor was it small....it was in the middle'