Sunblock Solution

*Scene: A cruise ship*

*As the sun rises, the ship is anchored out at sea. Chris and his friends and family, minus Sonic and Maria, are celebrating New Year's Day*

"Just a few minutes to go,"said Chuck.
"This is the perfect way to start the new year!,"yelled Amy. "Yeah, much better than celebrating at midnight,"said Chris. "Celebrating the first sunrise of the new year - great idea, Mr. Tanaka,"said Ella.

*She gently elbows Tanaka*

"Thank you,"said Tanaka. "Get ready, guys. As soon as the sun comes up, we use our noisemakers,"Chris said.

*He removes a party popper from a box he is holding. Everyone gathers round Chris to take party poppers except Cream, Maria's Chao and Cheese*

"Hold on, Chris! I think we should just wait for the sun instead because if we make too much noise, we might scare the sun away!,"yelled Cream. "Chaaoo!,"yelled Cheese and Maria's Chao. "The sun isn't gonna get scared away, Cream,"said Chris. "Don't you worry one bit, dear. The sun will be happy to get such a nice welcome!,"said Vanilla. "Okay then. I'll take one,"Cream said.

*She heads over to Chris and claims a party popper for herself*

"Sonic and Maria needs one too. *He looks around* Huh?,"asked Chris.

*But Sonic and Maria are nowhere to be found. Tails motions to the sky*

"Try that way,"said Tails.

*Chris looks up and see Sonic and Maria on top of the yacht. Maria have a very bad feeling about it*

*Scene Change: An island*

"*On phone* I'm about to catch the first rays of the new year, Rouge,"said Topaz. "*Over phone* Yuck. When I go on vacation, I'll pick someplace nice, like a dark cave,"said Rouge. "*On phone* That doesn't sound very appealing to me,"Topaz said.

*Scene Change: The White House*

*Rouge has her feet up on the President's desk*

"*On phone* I'm a bat. For me, a cave's the perfect place to hang out and chill,"She said. "*Over phone* Well, hanging out in a hole is just plain depressing. Now I see why your social life's so dull,"Topaz said.

*Rouge frowns*

*Scene Change: Cruise ship*

*Tanaka holds up his own party popper*

"OK. Let's get ready! *Everyone holds up their party poppers* You will pull the strings all together. I will give you a signal as soon as the sun comes over the horizon. A few seconds more...,"said Tanaka.

*Scene Change: The island*

*Topaz slips on her shades and prepares to watch the sunrise*

*Scene Change: The cruise ship*

"The sky is getting lighter... lighter... It's almost here... *The sun begins to rise* Get ready... Go!,"Tanaka yelled.

*Scene Change: Space*

*The moon moves in front of the sun, creating an unprecedented solar eclipse*

*Scene Change: The island*

*As the sky darkens, a surprised Topaz sits up in her beach chair*

*Scene Change: The cruise ship*

*Everyone sweatdrops*