Chapter 37

Annabelle's POV

I woke up to Zach sleeping on the floor. I laughed and shook my head as I got up. I got changed and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. When I walked out of the closet I heard a lot of commotion coming from outside. I hurried and ran outside.

There was a circle of lost boys all asking questions. I made my way over to Felix.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Pan hasn't returned yet." He said with a hint of worry.

"I thought he would be back by now." I said.

"What should we do?" Felix asked.

"Well do what you usually do when your in charge." I said.

"What about Pan?" He asked.

"I'll take care of him." I said. I ran off into the woods. I didn't know where he was so I just let my feet take me.

I ended up at the big oak tree like always. I stopped to take a breather. But I saw something peaking out from the other side of the tree. I walked around to find a snoring Peter. I let out a small giggle. I was about to wake him up. But I decided not to yet.

I sat down beside him and admired him. His brown hair was messed up and I could tell he had been crying. I went to tap his shoulder but I heard a twig snap.

My head shot towards the direction it came from. I couldn't see anything. I lightly shook Peter but he didn't wake up.

"Peter." I harshly whispered. No movement. "Peter." I said a bit louder. He shot awake. I covered my had over his mouth. With my other hand I put a finger up to my mouth. He gave me a look.

I slowly stood up and Peter copied my motions. Another snap came from a different direction but closer. I saw Peter climbing the tree. He reached his hand down and I grabbed it as he pulled me up.

We quietly sat in the branches as more twigs snapped and cracked. I felt Peter reach over and touch my cheek. I jumped a little at his touch. His hands flee back closer to him. I saw a look of sadness and regret in his eyes. I realized that I never healed the spot where he hit me.

He reached out to touch it again and I shook my head. I grabbed his hands and held them in mine. He looked at me and I smiled.

All of a sudden the snapping stopped. We both looked down. I saw Hook and James and the rest of the crew walk out. I felt my stomach drop and I clutched onto Peter. He looked at me and hugged me.

I looked up at him and he put a finger to his mouth signaling me to be quiet. I nodded my head.

We watched them set up camp. I had no idea what was happening. I calmed down a little and Peter must have been able to tell. We both listened.

"We need to find her." Hook said.

"Why so you can just torture her some more?" James snapped back. Hook seemed angered by him.

"I saved you. You could have been one of those misrable lost boys. Niw not another word about that or we leave you for dead." Hook spat. I was surprised at James outburst. James took off walking into the woods. I looked at Peter. He gave me a questioning look.

I smiled and jumped down in the middle of the camp. They all turned. Hook had a wide smile.

"Hello Hook." I said. I felt a surge of power.

"Annabelle." Hook said. "We've been looking for you."

"Oh really?" I said. I slowly walked closer to him.

"Yes. And your coming back with us." He said he went to grab me and I flung him back with my magic. I could sense Peter land beside me. I ignored him as I walked closer to Hook. The rest of the crew stayed back.

"I think I'm staying right here." I said with a smirk. I went to use my magic but one of the pirates came at me. I sent all of them flying back. I walked up to Hook.

I could tell he was hurt. I snapped out of the adrenaline rush. I looked at what I had done. All of them were all beaten and bruised. I couldn't believe I had done that. I looked back and saw Peter was pushed to the ground. I looked at him. Our eyes met and I could tell he was hurt but not as bad as the others.

I couldn't believe what I had done. And it was all because of a little power rush. I didn't know what else to do so I ran off into the woods as fast as I could.

Peter's POV

I've never seen her like this. I saw one of the pirates approaching her. Before I could do anything she sent everyone including me back. I landed on my back as others flew into trees or the ground. I layed on the ground recovering.

When I looked up I saw that she had snapped out of it. She looked horrified at what she had done. Her eyes met mine then she ran away.

I stood up and flew away. I was replaying what had happened in my mind. All that power, driven from anger. I then realized something. I looked back where everything happened and I saw shadows.

Did they make her do that?

Hey guys. I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Thank you so much for all the reads!

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE! Thanks!