Chapter 40

Annabelle's POV

I woke up and felt the bed empty. I sighed as I sat up and saw Peter standing on the balcony, leaning over the railing looking around. He was wearing what he usually wears. I knew he was curious about what I did last night. I swung my feet out of bed and stood up. I yawned then strechted. Peter saw and came over.

"Good morning." He said while wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Good morning." I replied. I looked outside and it seemed like it was gonna storm today. "Today seems like a good day to do nothing." I said. Peter smiled.

"We all know that's not going to happen." He said with a deep chuckle. I laughed as well.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Don't want the boys turning lazy." He said. I walked away from him and headed towards the closet, shaking my head.

"Well I'm gonna go for a run and you can do whatever you do." I said.

"Why are you running?" He asked. I walked up to him.

"Because I want to." I said as I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I went to walk away but Peter grabbed my hand and pulled me into him.

"We still need to talk about last night." He said.

"I told you I went for a walk." I said.

"You and I both know that's not what you were doing." He said.

"Even if I wasn't how would you know?" I asked.

"You were hiding your magic. Someone had to have taught you that and you have no reason to do that." He said. I felt panic rush through me.

"Well I wasn't hiding it. I don't know how to." I lied. He looked at me.

"Annabelle you know I don't believe you." He said.

"I know. But you have to trust me. Okay?" I asked. He sat in thought.

"Fine. But be back soon. There is going to be a bad storm." He said.

"Thank you." I said as I gave him a kiss. I ran out the door and once again dulled my magic. I ran to the cave and walked in to find a mini camp set up. James looked to me.

"Annabelle your back." James said as he stood up.

"Yeah. And wow you've done alot." I walked dover to a bookshelf. "What's all this?"

"Well I saw it in Hook's cabin once and I remeber spell books so I thought of it and it appeared." James said with a proud voice.

"Well let's start looking." I said.

We spent hours reading through books. It was storming outside and we were both tired. Books were piled around us. A pile of books that had no use, a pile of one's with something that had spells but non we were looking for, and a pile of books with paged marked of things that might help.

"I don't see anything." James said.

"Me either. Did you read the one with the golden binding?" I asked.

"Yup. Nothing at all." He said. I fell back onto the ground and stared at the celling.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we will figure something out."

"But your family needs you." I said. "I have to find something."

"Don't worry. We'll think of something." He said as he held his hand out. I took it as he helped me up.

"Wait. I've got it!" I said.

"What?" James asked.

"Peter's book. It might have a spell." I said. I focused and made it appear. I quickly flipped through the pages. "Here we go." I read through it. It was a magic bean but with an enchantment on it.

"So you think you can do it?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's just gonna take awhile. We can spread it out because I can't just dissappear for a whole day." I said. As I said that I realized that I have been gone all day. "Crap! I'm supposed to be back. I will be back later tonight." I said as I ran out into the storm.

Peter's POV

Annabelle has been gone all day and I can't track her down. I know she is up to something but I just don't know what. It was making me mad. I have already let her brother stay and I could have killed him.

I was now standing in my treehouse looking over the map with Felix.

"Why isn't she back?" I asked.

"I don't know. But don't you find it weird that she keeps running off?" Felix asked.

"That I do." I said we stood I'm silence. "Tomorrow you will follow her. Then report to me." I said. Felix nodded.

"There she is!" He said as he pointed to where she was at.

"I'm gonna go get her. Make sure all the boys are in there cabins." I ordered Felix before I disappeared. When I reappeared I was right in front of Annabelle.

"Peter!" She sounded surprised.

"Annabelle where have you been?" I sternly asked.

"I was ummm..." I knew she didn't know what to say she was soaking wet and shivering. I wrapped my arm around her waist. We appeared back in the tree house.

"Thank you." She said. I just nodded. "Peter I know your mad but just trust me. I'm doing something that needs to be done." She said. I ignored her. I walked out of the treehouse and back to mine. Felix and I needed to prepare.

Hey guys. Again I am so sorry for not updating.

Also I think I'm gonna end the story soon and I don't mean in a couple chapter it's all gonna build up then come to an ending. This is my first story and I really love it. There are lots of things I wish I could change but I'm still happy with it. Right now I have 5.66k reads which is amazing! But I'm not sure how soon I should end it I still want to go on for a while but I'm not sure where the story is going. I've never actually knew where it was going. I might have an idea for a second one but idk. Let me know what you guys think.

Anyways thanks for reading. Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE