01: "Little Did They Know."

A wide smile accompanied Mark's face ever since he landed in Seoul

A wide smile accompanied Mark's face ever since he landed in Seoul. It's been 5 years since he last stepped foot in South Korea, let alone his home in the capital city. Don't get him wrong; finishing high school in Canada was one of the most fun experiences he's ever had too, but there was something about Seoul that no other place could ever replace.

He glimpsed to the front of a car from the back seat, smiling sweetly at his parents whom he last saw over a year ago, for holidays in Canada. When he suddenly placed both his hands on his parents' shoulders, the two glanced back at their son who only said it was really good to be back.

Their house didn't change much except for little details that simply needed to be done after so many years. His eyes traced every room; from the kitchen, dining room to the living room that still had the fireplace he loved to sit by in the winter.

"Are you excited to see Chenle again after so long?" Mark's mom brought him back to his senses.

"Of course, I missed him."

"It's really nice that you two kept in touch this whole time, honey."

The boy sighed, placing his bags onto the ground. "Yeah, not as much as we probably could've, but we still talked pretty often. You have no idea how excited he was when I told him I was coming back. Actually, his reaction surprised me a little."

"He seems like a friend for life." mr. Lee patted his son's back. "And I heard he's the captain of the basketball team at the university, I'm sure he'll get you on the team."

"Yeah, oh man, when he told me he was the captain I was like- what?!" Mark chuckled, shaking his head. "The little Chenle I remember wasn't even half as good as I was and I bet now he could beat me without even looking."

The married couple laughed, staring fondly at their son obviously in a very good mood. They worried about how he'd feel being back home after so long; after spending his teenage years in a different country; but seeing him smile from ear to ear only made it clear for them that he in fact was the happiest in Seoul.

After checking the time, Mark said he'd go take a quick shower before Chenle comes over. He gave his parents a shared hug before disappearing into the bathroom.

When a doorbell suddenly rang a while later, Mark's lips curled up, commenting how his childhood best friend was still as punctual as ever.
"Yo!" he exclaimed, spreading his arms.

"Dude!" Chenle immediately spread his too and they embraced each other in a long hug, almost breaking each other's bones in result. "It's been so long!"

"Dude, ugh- I know! Come on in." Mark let the boy inside, closing the door behind them. Chenle said hi to both mr. and mrs. Lee who welcomed him with a quick hug too. "How have you been? I know we talked few days ago but it feels like we haven't now that I actually see you with my own eyes."