36: I'll Tell You Everything.

"That's strange

"That's strange." Taeho's dad blurted out of nowhere, the fork and knife in his hands resting on each side of the plate.

The boy cleared his throat, the smile that confused his father now wiped off his face. He tried to continue eating yet the man wouldn't leave the subject alone.

"What's got you smiling like a little sissy?"

Taeho gulped the piece of meat in his mouth, placing his fork and knife down onto the plate. He wanted to say so many things, to yell out everything he hated about his dad, but he couldn't.

"I noticed you've been acting strange lately."

"What do you mean by strange?"

"You're smiling a lot. I can hear you laugh and giggle. You seem happier. You seem weaker. It feels like the old you is back."

"And what if it was?" Taeho finally glanced his way.

"I wouldn't like it. I don't need a son who's a little bitch. A weak man can't run my company and control his wife. Which reminds me, mrs. Jeon's daughter will come on Friday so you can meet before we talk marriage."

Taeho's eyes filled with tears — angry and sad ones. He clenched his jaw, running fingers through his curly hair.

"No." he finally blurted.

"What did you say?"

"I said no, dad. I'm not going to marry a girl you tell me to marry. I'm not going to take over your company because I fucking suck at business and I don't understand how it works. I'm not going to be the way you forced me to be, I hate myself when I'm that way and so does everyone else. I'm not going to pretend anymore and I won't follow your orders."

A sudden slap flew across his cheek, his head also flying the side from the impact. Taeho clenched his jaw, not even surprised since it happened a lot, just simply used to it.

"Get the fuck out of my house." the man proceeded to eat meanwhile Taeho gladly got up from the table. "I mean for good. Take your shit and get the fuck out of here and never come back."

Taeho's eyes grew as he abruptly turned back to his father.

"W—what? You want me to move out? Where will I live—"

"That's not my fucking concern anymore. As of today, I don't have a son anymore."

"Dad—"

The man banged his fist onto the table, making Taeho gulp and blink his tears away. He knew his father didn't care for him much but he always thought that deep down he loved him simply for being his blood. That day, however, he was proven otherwise. His dad only ever loved himself and his money.

Taeho burst out crying as soon as he got into his room, anxiety getting the best of him. He walked around, hands in his hair, when he suddenly started throwing things, breaking them in result. The noise angered his father who suddenly came bursting through the door, the sight of his dad already terrifying Taeho. Suddenly, the man grabbed his son by the collar, pushing him against the wall, his fist up.