25: So Relieved.

Mark didn't expect Minsi to be the one who'd have enough of tip-toeing around Hyunmin

Mark didn't expect Minsi to be the one who'd have enough of tip-toeing around Hyunmin. He was proud of her for finally realizing she didn't have to hide forever for the boy's sake and wished he'd be the same — but it didn't seem as easy.

He took a deep breath before coming back to his apartment, wondering if his roommate would already be there. Seeing Hyunmin on the couch with no TV on or any background noise roaming around their place whatsoever, Mark cleared his throat. The other looked his way, sighing without saying a word.

"Can we talk?"

Hyunmin nodded, keeping his eyes glued to his fingers as he played with his rings. Mark sat down in a safe distance, giving his friend enough space.

"It's true, isn't it?" Hyunmin asked suddenly.

"Yeah, I mean, we didn't make it official yet or anything, but...the feelings are there."

Hyunmin nodded, listening carefully.

"So she likes you back?"

"Yeah," Mark mumbled, leaning over his knees.

"I knew it. I know Minsi like the back of my hand yet all those years that I've spent with her I've never seen her look at someone the way she looks at you." Hyunmin gulped, meeting Mark's eyes for a split second.

"And I think I knew it since the movie theater night. I just forced those thoughts out of my mind for a while." he chuckled helplessly. "Fuck, I even told her few days ago out on the hallway that I knew you two wouldn't have a thing. I was lying to myself without even realizing. Because now that I think about it, it's so obvious that you would."

"Bro, I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you anything,"

"Don't, it's fine." he waved his hand.

"Are you...are you going to be ok with that? I mean, with me and Minsi?"

Hyunmin sighed, leaning over his knees as well. His head turned to his friend, keeping the eye contact for longer this time which allowed him to notice Mark's frustrated gaze.

"If you asked me this morning, I probably would've said no. But seeing the way my sister acted about all of this, seeing how you and Minsi reacted to being accused of simply having feelings for each other like it was something bad...it opened my eyes. I'm sorry for Yeji, by the way."

"Nah, it's not your job to apologize for her behavior."

"Yeah, but I'm her older brother. I kind of feel responsible for stupid shit she does." he sighed, eyes fixated on the turned off TV in front of him. "Like I told you before I left the town — I really think you're a good guy. I'm sorry I let my pain make me forget about it for a while. And don't listen to my sister, this situation is nothing like what she did to Minsi."

Mark cracked a smile hearing the words he hoped to hear.

"As for Minsi, I still care about her a lot and some feelings still linger, but I think I'm finally on a good path to healing. I want her to be happy, so," he glared at Mark. "Are you willing to make her the happiest she could be?"