Chapter 2: him.

Dakota

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch as the random guy who my roommate just hooked up with walks out the front door. What the fuck?

He had to be high or something because he just stood there staring at me like a weirdo. I don't know why Brooke hooks up with so many weird guys.

I walk back into my room and stare at the canvas I was painting. I had it laid on the ground, I'm not sure what colors to use to contrast with it.

I'll probably just end up throwing random shit together and coming up with something I like.

I sit down on the floor and put my headphones on before I grab my paintbrush and go back to my painting.

I smile as I listen to the music filling my ears and the way my paint brushes run across the canvas. Painting is like therapy, I love it.

I jump when I feel something touch my shoulder. I turn around and see Brooke standing there looking at me.

I take my headphones off and look at her.

"What's up?" I ask, trying to calm myself down.

"Did you see Chris leave?" She asks.

"Who?" I ask.

"The guy I had over." She says.

"Ah, blondie." I say looking back at my painting.

"Did you see him?" She asks again.

"Yup, you know he's weird." I tell her.

"Did you talk to him?" She asks as she sits down on my bed.

"I wouldn't call it talk." I say.

She frowns at me, "What?" She asks.

"Nevermind." I smile.

She sighs.

"I fell asleep before I could say bye." She says.

"So I heard." I reply.

"He's so cute." She smiles.

"Eh, I guess."

"You don't think he is?" She asks.

"The only time I saw him was after you guys fucked." I say.

She rolls her eyes.

"He's a good guy." She says.

"Did you talk to him?" I ask.

"He asked me how my day was." She says.

"Aw, what a good guy." I joke.

"You're so annoying." She says.

I look at her.

"Do you like him?" I ask.

She smiles and nods.

"Does this mean you'll stop bringing random guys home?" I ask.

"Maybe." She smirks.

I laugh at her before she gets up and walks out of my room. I put my headphones on and go back to painting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee.

That's all that runs through my head before I go to class. I wait in Starbucks for them to make mine. I can't function without at least one cup of coffee. My brain will shut down.