Chapter 7: paint, Picasso

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~

I fall on the benches in the locker room, breathing heavily. Practice was rough today, we did so much shit that I felt like I was beat up.

I chug down the rest of my water bottle as my friends walk up to me.

"Jesus, I feel high." Garrett says as he sits down next to me.

"I feel dead." I say as I untie my skates.

"Same." Brennen says.

"I'm pumped for the game this weekend though." Jake says.

"Yeah, dude, it's gonna be amazing." Garrett chuckles.

I sigh as I look down in my lap. I felt uneasy, I didn't know how to explain it. I was nauseous.

"Dude, you okay?" Brennen asks.

I look at him and smile, "Yeah, just tired." I smile.

He nods before opening up his locker.

I change and grab my shit before walking out to Garrett's car with my friends. We drive home and I beat Jake to the bathroom. I get into the shower and feel the hot water run down my body. Heaven.

"Chris, you have ten seconds before I break this door down!" Jake calls.

"Calm down, buddy. I just got in here." I tell him.

I hear him walk away before I go back to enjoying my shower. Once I finish I walk out in my towel and go to my room.

I put my boxers on and dry my hair before walking out. I walk past Garrett's room and hear him moaning.

Taylor's here.

I walk downstairs and see Brennen sitting on the couch watching tv.

He ignores me as I walk into the kitchen, I open the fridge and try to find something to eat.

"Hi." I hear a voice say.

I look in the direction of the voice and see Jules walk in.

"Hi." I say.

She sits at the counter and scrolls through her phone.

"Bored?" I ask.

She nods.

"Why don't you and Brennen go out to eat? I think he needs to get out of this house." I chuckle.

She smiles, "Yeah, do you wanna come?" She asks.

"Nah, I'm good." I say.

She nods before getting up and walking out of the kitchen.

I look at the time above the stove, the bookstore is still open.

I smile before running upstairs. I put clothes on and walk out of my room just as Taylor and Garrett walk out of his room.

"Hi, Chris." Tay-Tay smiles.

"Hi, Tay-Tay, did you have a good time in there?" I ask as I walk past them.

"Very funny, Christopher!" Garrett calls out as I walk down the stairs

I grab my keys and walk out the door, I get into my car and drive to the bookstore. I was excited to see her, I haven't seen her in 2 weeks.

I walk through the door and see her leaning over the counter, talking to a guy. I frowned as I watched them, he was leaning forward and so was she. No one else was in here except us.