Chapter 37: amazing

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~

I keep my eye on Dakota as she dances with the girls. I needed to make sure she was okay, I wasn't gonna let her out of my sight for the rest of the night. No matter what.

"Dude, why are you just standing there?" Brennen yells over the music.

"I need to make sure Dakota is okay!" I yell.

He smiles, "Look who's whipped now!" He mocks.

I laugh and shake my head before he goes over to his girlfriend and hugs her from behind her back,

I was still a little drunk so I made my way to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee to sober up a bit.

I hear someone laugh before Garrett and Taylor appear, they both stumble into the kitchen laughing like little kids.

"Chrissy!!!" Garrett cheers.

I laugh at him as I sip on my coffee.

"I love your girlfriend, Chris. She's so cute." Taylor slurs.

"I love her too." I smile.

"Am I cute?" Garrett asks Taylor.

"So cute." She laughs as she looks at him with her drunk eyes.

Garrett smiles before looking at me.

"Chris, I'm so happy you found yourself a good girlfriend." He slurs.

"Thank you." I say.

"You deserve it, man. I love you." He says before he walks up to me.

I laugh as he hugs me tightly.

"I love you too, Garrett." I say as I hug him back.

"I'm sleepy." Taylor wines.

"Me too." Garrett says before he pulls away.

"Let's go." Taylor says as she grabs Garrett's hand and they walk out of the kitchen.

I laugh before I chug down the rest of my coffee just as Dakota walks in, she almost trips before I quickly catch her. She laughs as she looks up at me.

"Hi." She smiles.

"Did you have another drink?" I ask her.

"Maybe, like one or three." She giggles.

"Jesus." I sigh.

I help her stand up straight before I walk over to the coffee machine and make her a cup.

"I'm having so much fun, your friends are amazing." She slurs.

"Yeah, they are." I laugh.

She giggles before she almost falls over again. I catch her and sigh, "Alright, no more standing for you." I say before I swiftly lift her up onto the counter.

She laughs and nods at me as I stand in between her legs, keeping my hands on her waist so she doesn't fall over.

I look back at the coffee machine and still see it brewing. I sigh before I look back at Dakota who was smiling at me.

"You're so sweet." She slurs.

"Thank you." I say.

"You're an amazing boyfriend." She giggles.

"Only for you." I whisper.

She gives me a drunk smile.

"Don't ever leave me, Chris." She says.