Chapter 11: her drug

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to an aching pain in my back, it felt like a rock being shoved into my spine. I groan as I roll over onto my stomach. I opened my eyes and looked around me. I was on my bedroom floor. Huh? Dakota.

I smile as I sit up, I stretch my back and get a good crack. Ah. I look over at my bed and see her lying on her side, sound asleep.

Holy shit. She was beautiful, she looked so peaceful, I don't think I've ever seen something so perfect in my life before I met this girl.

I sigh before grabbing my phone off my desk and sitting back on the blankets that were placed on the ground. I look through my notifications and see texts from Brooke.

Brooke: hey, i got the apartment all to myself for a few hours. Wanna stop by? ;)

Brooke: you up?

Brooke: ig not

Brooke: night

I sigh, I felt bad for leading her on. But I'm not even talking to her that much, so is it leading on? Well, I'm still kinda ghosting her. But can you blame me? I have a crush on her roommate. I can't keep hooking up with Brooke if Dakota is around me. She has some intoxicating shit that drives me insane. I'm like in a lucid dream when I'm around her.

I think of what to say to Brooke before I just give her a dry-ass answer.

Me: sorry, knocked out pretty early last night

Eh, it's the best I could do. I don't think well in the morning.

"Morning." I hear her soft voice.

I turn and look over at her and see her sitting up, moving her hair out of her face. She looked cute with messy hair. No one looks that good in the morning. Damn.

"Good morning, buttercup. Did you sleep well?" I ask.

She smiles and nods.

I look at her in a daze as she grabs her phone and scrolls through it. I wish I could wake up like this every morning, with her next to me.

"I should head home, Brooke's probably worried about me." She says as she climbs out of the bed.

"Do you wanna grab some Starbucks before I take you to get your car?" I ask.

"Sure, I'm gonna change." She says as she grabs her clothes from yesterday and walks out of the room.

I sit there and smile to myself, I've never been this happy this early in the morning.

I get up and begin folding the blankets that I placed on the ground just as she walks back in.

"Here are Taylor's clothes." She says as she places them on the bed.

"Cool, cool." I say as I continue to fold the blankets.

She smiles as she grabs another one off the ground and folds it. I smile at her and she laughs, "Are you gonna come like that?" She asks.

I look down at my half naked body before looking back up at her.

"I'm gonna make this a trend. I think it's hot and comfy." I tell her.

She laughs and shakes her head as she places the folded blanket on the bed. I place the one I folded on top of it and she grabs the pillow and throws it onto the bed.

"I'll wait for you downstairs." She says.

"Uh, no, don't. The guys are gonna corner you with questions and then proceed to tell you embarrassing stories about me." I tell her.