Meeting them

My eyes now studied the door. Just then matpat and Steph walked into the room. My hands started to shake as they came towards me. "I am assuming that you are y/n, right?" Steph said. "Yes" I could hardly even get the response out. "It is SO AWESOME to meet you guys after watching your channels for years!" I told them. Mat gave me a warm chuckle, "I'm glad you like the content." My heart practically jumped into my gut, there was no way that I was TALKING TO MATPAT. "What videos are you working on right now?" I asked, intrigued. "Just some Fnaf stuff." Mat shrugged. "I LOVE Fnaf!" I said back. I sounded like such a nerd. "What is your favorite Fnaf game?" Steph chimed in. I put a bit of thought into it before saying "Sister location." "Good choice." She replied.

A woman came into the door to say "Your time is up." Had it really been twenty minutes? It was the best twenty minutes of my life. They left the room and I just sat in the empty room, content. I was dragged back onto Earth when Dad thumped in. "There you go, was it worth it? Was it worth GIVING UP A CORVETTE?" The hospital made me feel braver. He wouldn't dare try to beat me in here, for the doctors and nurses to see. I stared at him dead in the eyes. "Yes it was, it was worth seeing them over some fancy car so that you can impress that drunk woman." I took a deep breath, determined to remain cool and collected. His anger shot up, he fiercely reached to grab my neck. I got down to the sides of my legs and slid under his arm. I stood back up and scurried out of the door, making a sharp turn around the hall. I felt like an epic secret agent, narrowly escaping from death. It then hit me just as hard as his punches. We would get home and then he could unleash everything on me. I took a look at my arms and legs. They were covered in bruises and scars, a lot of the wounds from yesterday were still there. I couldn't keep going like this.

What choice did I have? I walked to the car like I was walking to my execution. I longingly stared into space. There was a car with a North Carolina license plate. It was probably Mat and Steph. An idea started to fill my head. I reached over to my backpack in the truck. I started digging through the small compartments until my fingers felt a small metal disk. An AirTag. I went over to the car and studied it, looking for a small crevice to stick it in. It looked like there was a roof rack and a compartment above it. I climbed on the hood and slipped the AirTag into the storage compartment. I ran back to Dad's truck and waited for him to come out. In the meantime I texted Nora. "Let's hang out, I'll be at my house around 4:15 or so, meet me there. I anxiously waited for her response and after a few seconds she left a little thumbs up emoji. I heard the truck beep and the headlights flashed for a mere second. I sat down in the passenger seat as Dad started the engine. No fighting yet.

I looked at my phone to check the time. It was 3:45 right now, Nora would be at my house in roughly half an hour. Would she be there when we arrived? I made a silent prayer that she would. The sweat beads on my forehead went away as we hit red light after red light. The road was filled with traffic and honking horns. After narrowly escaping the roadblock it was 4:12. I should be fine if we could stay on the road for a few more minutes. We stopped in front of our house and my heart stopped jumping up and down when I saw Nora standing on the sidewalk. If I am lucky, I will be able to go somewhere with her and leave the premises until Dad cooled off. Even if he did beat me, at least there would be a witness.