Suicide Attempt

(Next night)

I went to bed early. Mat hadn't brought it up all day. I had swore that I wouldn't again but the craving doesn't just go away. I desperately wanted the feeling again. The sound of the knife swishing
through my flesh, the blood dripping off my arm, the achy pain of the slit. It was undesirable, I must admit. But I deserved it. My Dad was no longer here to do it so I would have to do it myself. I pulled the blankets off of me and started to sneak into the kitchen. I stopped myself. I couldn't, I had promised Mat. So what could I do?

An idea flashed in my head. Why should I stop at pain? Pain goes away. Scars fade. My Dad was telling the truth the whole time, I was a stupid c*nt, an ungrateful piece of sh*t and everything else that he had called me in the last thirteen years. I shouldn't get away with temporary pain, I didn't even deserve to be on this Earth for as long as I had been, let alone the life I had now. I remembered the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. It was connected to the kitchen so I continued my path there. I rummaged through the various medicated creams, toothpastes, and other miscellaneous items until I found a tiny bottle of Tylenol. I checked the expiration date. It was obviously forgotten about. It was still mostly full but had expired a few months ago. I pushed down the cap and unscrewed it.

My eyes brushed over the half red and half blue pills. I plucked one out and held it between my thumb and index finger. I paused before placing it into my mouth. My mind started to imagine Mat and Steph seeing me dead on the floor. I erased those images and replaced them with my Dad's comments. In my mind I repeated everything that he called me. I placed the pill in my mouth, gulped down a little water and did it again. Two pills turned into four which turned into six and then I felt my head spin. I tried to steady myself but I couldn't stop. I fell backwards, head hitting the floor. The bottle of Tylenol fell to the side and the pills spilled everywhere. I tried my best to keep my eyes open and ignore the ringing in my ears but they shut anyway.

"OH MY GOD...OH MY GOD!" I heard Steph's muffled screaming and her trying to shake me awake but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't open my eyes. Was I still alive? Was this just a dream? Was I in a coma? I felt like I had to throw up but I couldn't sit myself up so I fell to the side and tried to suppress it. I thought that I felt myself vomit but I wasn't sure it was real. I passed out again.

I woke up with buzzing around me. It was so bright. My eyelids lifted and I was in a hospital bed with Mat and Steph sitting in two blue chairs right next to me. The second that I opened my eyes they both gasped and wrapped me in their arms. "Y/N! Thank God you are okay!" Mat tearfully said. "We were so worried about you! We weren't sure if you would make it!" Steph sobbed. Tears started to stream down my face as well. "Wh-where am I? What happened?" I asked in a panic. "I found you lying on the bathroom floor with some pills..." Mat trailed off, unable to speak any further. "We are so glad that you are alive, we can't lose you!" Steph added. Someone else walked into the room at that moment.

"Mark!?" Mat said, surprised. I saw a man with red hair shake his hand. "I am so sorry about y/n, it's really awful." He said in a deep soothing voice. "Losing Ronnie was terrible, I can't imagine losing her too, she is so young!" Mat agreed. Wait....that was Markiplier! I realized. Mark came up to my bed and I raised the back to sit up. "Are you Markiplier?" I asked him. "So you've heard of me, nice to meet you." He responded. Just then a nurse came in and said that any visitors would have to leave now so Mark left. "The blood test came back and y/n vomited most of the medicine before it got into her bloodstream. Luckily, she will be fine!" The nurse delivered. "We have decided that it should be required for her to spend one to three nights in the psych ward to get her better."

I didn't want to go to the psych ward! I just wanted to go home! I tried to communicate this but my parents and the nurse shook their heads. "Y/N, we would also like for you to come home but it is for the best. We are going to get you a therapist and antidepressants if necessary, the ward will be beneficial." Mat told me. "It's perfectly normal to be scared." The nurse consoled. "We are going to get you started in cancer treatment too, everything is going to get better, I promise." Steph said. I sighed and reclined on the bed again. I thought that everything would be all sunshine and rainbows after they got custody, oh how wrong I was. I was now grateful to be alive though. At least things could only get better from here.