Nightmare

Steph called us for dinner, I shut off my phone and walked into the kitchen. Mat came down from the office shortly after. Steph served us both spaghetti. "So I contacted a lawyer and we are figuring out a court date. She is going to try to talk to her Dad to see when he is available for court." Mat said. "That's GREAT news, Matthew!" Steph gushed. "Should we take pictures of the bruises as proof?" I asked. "Yeah, we should do that after dinner." Mat said back. We finished dinner and Mat brought me into the living room to take pictures of my bruises.

"Is it just on your arms?" He asked me as he took a few pictures of my arms. "Yeah, on my back." I responded. "Are you comfortable with me seeing." I nodded my head. He lifted the back of my shirt just below my bra. "Oh my GOD, y/n. What did he do?" "He whipped me with a belt." "That can't be legal! He said. "What should I do if my Dad texts me?" "Don't respond, I can take care of it." I thanked him and went back to my bedroom. I was really tired, I hadn't slept since I was on the plane. We landed early this morning so I had been awake for a while. At about 9 I was ready for bed. "I am going to bed now!" I told Mat and Steph. "Good night!" They said back. I climbed into my new bed and fell asleep.

My dream brought me to a different world. I was back in my old house. I frantically looked around. I was sitting in my old bed, in the room that I hid in for so many years. I heard loud thumping and glass shattering from the hallway. My Dad turned my doorknob and threw my door open. I cringed as it smashed into the wall. He was yelling, loud and angry. I couldn't make out what he was saying, I could hear the alcohol in his voice. It slurred his speech together. He snapped his belt and I shrieked. He swung once and I dodged out of the way. He swung again and I curled into a ball so he just barely missed. There was nowhere for me to for me to go. I screamed once more and woke up in a panic. I heard more footsteps coming towards me. What was happening!? Mat flicked my light switch on.

"Y/N, are you alright? I heard you scream from upstairs-" He saw my face soaked in tears and his face softened. "Hey, don't cry." He knelt next to my bed and wrapped his arms around me. I sobbed into his shoulder as he tried to console me. "What happened?" He quietly asked. "I-I had a dream that my Dad was...beating me." My voice cracked and I fell back onto his shoulder. "It's okay...it's okay" he comforted. "Do you need anything?" "No" I choked out. "You should go back to bed now, I'll be in my room if you need anything." He pulled the blankets back up to my neck and wished me a good night. He shut off the lights and I fell back asleep.

I slept through the rest of the night and woke up at 8 the next morning. I rubbed my eyes and walked into the kitchen. Steph was standing at the stovetop making eggs and bacon. "Good morning, y/n, are you hungry?" "Yeah could I have an egg?" "Of course, how do you want it cooked?" "Scrambled please." Mat was sitting at the table sipping a mug of coffee. "How'd you sleep?" He asked me. "Uh fine for the most part." "Do those nightmares happen often for you." "Sometimes..." my cheeks reddened. "Let's find a therapist for you so we can fix that."

This was a kinda short chapter but let's do a q&a! Ask me anything in the comments!