Theorizing

I brushed my teeth and got into bed. I pulled the blankets up to my neck and tried to fall asleep. Jolts of excitement ran up my body, as of tomorrow there would be two days left until court! Soon enough I fell asleep and in what felt like a millisecond, I awakened the next day.

I rolled out of bed and walked over to the kitchen for breakfast. Mat was sitting at the table eating toast with jam and sipping a Diet Coke. "Good morning!" He greeted. "Morning" I said back. I took two pieces of bread and put them into the toaster. I turned the dial and got out a plate. "I have the morning free, want to play Nintendo?" He asked me. "Actually could I work on a theory?" I crossed my fingers. "Of course, do you want to do the one you suggested about the animal crossing balloons?" "Sure" The toaster dinged and I used my index finger to slide the pieces of toast onto the plate. I brought it to the table and there was a jar of strawberry jam with a butter knife in it. I spread the jam onto my toast and crunched down on it. "Once we have official custody, you can join gtlive and maybe you can be in videos but for now, behind-the-scenes stuff is the best option." I nodded my head. I placed my plate on the sink and we went up to the office.

"I had a meeting about this theory and I think that there are a few logical solutions. It could be your parents, other islands, or Redd." He opened up animal crossing on the switch and opened a website on his phone. It tracked where balloons would be on the island. "So far we know that each color indicates a different item inside. Red is diy recipes, yellow is bells, green is furniture, and blue is crafting materials." He informed. "There is also the golden balloon with the golden slingshot recipe once you shoot down 300 balloons." I added. "This means that the sender knows how many balloons you have struck down." "So are they stalking the player?" I asked. "That could be true but they could also be tracking the balloons." "I doubt that it is Redd because you can get up to 10,000 bells in a yellow balloon and he would NEVER just give bells away." I insightfully said. "Thats a good point." Mat told me.

We spent hours studying the balloons. We narrowed it down to being your father because we connected it to the zipper theory. Your father only has one opportunity to talk to you: Easter. Obviously he can send things through the air because during Bunny Day you can shoot down air eggs. A parent would probably be the only person who would willingly send 10,000 bells to you and your Mom can send it through mail. It made perfect sense! He pitched the idea to his team and the editors said that they would get started as soon as he sent the voiceover. I left the office so that he could record it. I sat on the carpet right outside the door and listened in. My heart fluttered as he explained my ideas. I went back to my room and Nora called me.

"What's up?" I said right after picking up the phone. "Okay girlie I have some HOT goss." She excitedly told me. "Ooh spill." I responded, intrigued. "So do you know that kid Drew? He THREW ANOTHER KIDS CHROMEBOOK AT THE WALL!" "ACTUALLY?" I asked her in awe. "Omg you should have seen Mr. Shoedestroyer's face!" "You will never believe what I did today!" I said. "What did you do?" Nora curiously questioned. "I worked on a theory!" "What theory?" She interrogated. "You will see..." I replied.

We talked for about an hour before she told me the dates that she would be here. "4/12-4/18... got it!" I wrote it down in my notes app. "So if your mom takes the job here will you move?" "Maybe...." She responded. She turned off her camera and microphone for a second and then said "Y/N, I have to go, talk to you later." I waved goodbye before she hung up. I scrolled YouTube for the rest of the afternoon until Steph called me for dinner.