Sargent

*Amber's POV*
I was in the corner shop looking over my shoulder trying to make sure nobody was looking at me. I had to get away with this. He'd kill me if I didn't come home with food but I have no money.

I look around and see nobody looking at me so I take a sandwich and stick it in my jacket. I swiftly walk out but as I do I hear the shop keeper yelling for me to stop. I start rushing away from the shop but I hear someone shouting behind me.
"Stop Chicago PD!"

I turn around to find a young woman running after me. I sprint away but she ends up catching up to me as I have little to no energy.
She grabs ahold of me so that I can't run away from her. I try fight against her but her grip is too strong.
"You're a fast kid you know."
I mumble a thanks as I try to get her grip off of me. She was holding my wrist that there was cuts and bruises all over. "How come you stole from that shop kiddo" she asked me.
"Can you please let go of my wrist you're hurting me!?" I yell at her.
"Do you promise to not run away?" I hesitantly nod so she lets go. "Thanks" I mumble shyly
"What's your name kid?" I look at the floor wondering wether I should give her my name or not. In the end I decide to. After all she is a police officer she'll be able to tell if I'm lying. "Amber..."

"I'm Erin" She holds her hand out for me to shake and I slowly take it. "You wanna go grab something to eat? You seem pretty hungry?" "I-I'm okay thanks... this isn't for me." My stomach growls and she looks at me with a motherly look. "Your stomach says otherwise kid. Come on we'll head to the diner down the road from here. I'm supposed to be meeting somebody there." I look panicked at her "If you're meeting somebody then I won't come. It must be important I don't want to butt in..."
Erin looks at me with a stern look "I invited you so it's fine come on."

She leads the way to the diner after taking my hand and we both sit in a booth. After a few minutes of silence a guy walks in and sits down opposite Erin. "Voight this is Amber. Amber this is Voight."
Voight talks in a deep voice taking me by surprise "Hey kid!" I wave shyly and move closer to the window and look out of it whilst a waiter comes over to take our orders. "Amber what would you like to eat?" Erin asked me trying to give me options. "I'm okay thanks I'm not hungry and I don't have any money..." Erin gives me a stern look and picks up a menu "Either you pick for yourself or I'll order for you." She states in a stubborn voice. "It won't get eaten so there's no point." Erin looks at me then back at the menu.

"You seem like a burger and fries kind of girl so one medium fries, a burger and a chocolate milkshake then I will have the same but lemonade and Voight you can order what you want." I look at Erin annoyed then go back to looking out of the window.

Our food arrives after 10 minutes and I just sit there looking at it whilst Voight and Erin talk. After a few times of Erin telling me to eat I get fed up and try to get past her. "Can I get through please Erin?" Erin stops talking and looks at me, "Where are you going?" I get annoyed and just climb under the table. I walk straight out ignoring the shouts coming from behind me.

As I'm walking towards the road I hear Voight shout to me, "You continue going Amber I will call CPS!" I stop panicked. Did he know? How did he know? I stop and sit on a wall. He walks to me with Erin behind me. I give him a questioning look. "I saw your wrists. Who did it?" "How- I- what do you mean?" Erin speaks up this time "Your sleeve came up whilst you grabbed your plate off the waiter." I pull my sleeves down knowing what was gonna come next. "Amber can we see your arms please?" I shake my head trying to hold back tears. Erin pulls me into a hug and then Voight leads us both to his car. "Come on you can stay with us at my place tonight kid." "I can't, I need to go home!" I slip out of Erin's grip and run away as fast as I could. I get home after about 20 minutes of running. I try to sneak into the house but my stepdad hears me. "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?"