I think I like her

For the rest of the night, I sat in the break room with Alicia and slinky, talking about random things and even stealing some of jays snacks. Obviously dog freinds ones, I have to make sure that slinky gets some as well.

By the time it got to 10pm, me and Alicia were shattered so we moved up onto the couch, laying on a cushion each and slinky laying on the middle cushion in between us. We fall asleep for a while until we get woken up by people opening the door and awing at us?

I rub my eyes slightly and try to sit up but there is a slight weight on my chest. I look down to see Alicia laying on me and slinky tucked under her arm. "Awwww."

The adults all look at me and Erin and Jay send me a cute smile. "Sorry to break up your cuddle session but it's time to go home." Alicia lets out a groan at this and sits up, still holding slinky. "You've stolen my dog Lishy." I chuckle as she looks down and realises she's holding him.

"Come on girls. You have school in the morning so let's get you home and you can sleep on an actual bed." We both get up and Jay attaches a lead to slinky's collar. I hug Alicia then follow my parents out of the room and out of the bullpen.

The cold air hits me like a ton of bricks as we walk out of the district and Erin sees this so she gives me the hoodie that she has wrapped around her waist. "Thank you."

We get into the car and head home in a comfortable silence. I go straight inside, taking my shoes off and unclipping slinky's lead. "I'll be in my room if you guys need me." I run up to my room with slinky on heels.

I climb into bed and hold the blanket up for slinky to jump up and under. I go on my phone to see a message from Alicia.

Lishy x

Sorry about falling asleep on you earlier x

It's fine. It was comfy. You're really warm x

You sure? x

I'm sure x

Erin and Jay walk into my room with smiles on their faces. "Alicia?" I nod with a smile on my own face. "Jay can you go put Slinky his food down? He hasn't eaten much other than the girls snacks since this morning." He nods and walks out and Erin looks at me with a mischievous smile on her face. "So. Alicia huh?" I shrug my shoulders and pick at my fingers. "I-I think I like her? I don't know. How did you know that you like dad?" I look up to find Erin thinking. "I love being around him. It felt almost... almost lonely if I wasn't with him. I always wanted to be with him and when I was, I felt like I was floating."

I think for a few seconds. When I don't speak, Erin speaks up again. "Is that how you feel about Alicia?" I nod my head. "Yeah." Erin lets out a small squeal. "Are you gonna tell her?" "I wouldn't even know how too. I don't even know if she likes me like that either." Erin rubs my hand. "You'll never know until you ask." I nod. "Now. Go to sleep. You still have school in the morning." I hug her and she gets up and turns off my light. "Love you mama." Erin turns around and smiles. "I love you too babs." She pulls my door closed and leaves. I cuddle into slinky and fall asleep.

BANG

"AGH!!!" I fall off the bed and clutch my head. I then hear my bedroom door crashing open and Slinky crying. Someone runs over and tries to pick me up but I kick and punch at them, still holding my head with one hand. "AMBER! AMBER CALM DOWN!" I feel myself being passed to someone else who pulls me into them and sits on my bed. "GET OFF. GET OFF OF ME!" I manage to slightly wriggle out of their grip but they lift me back up and hold me in their lap. "Amber, it's okay. It's mama. You're safe. It's just me."

I continue trying to get out of her grip but can't. I feel myself being passed over again and Erin appears in my line of view. "Look at me Amber. You're okay. It's just me you and Dad. You're okay."

Eventually I calm down and I lay against Jays chest whilst holding onto Erin's hands, tight. "Where's Slinky?" I look up at Jay, who had just asked this question. "What do you mean?! He was in my bed, I heard him when one of you came into my room!" I jump out of Jays arms and start pulling all the bedding off of my bed and looking around my room. I can't find him anywhere so I run out and start looking around the house.

Where has he gone?

Eventually, I hear a rough voice calling through the house. "Anybody missing a dog!?" I sprint out of Erin and Jays room where I had just been looking to find Voight stood out in the hallway by the front door, holding a shaking slinky to his chest. "Oh my god! Thank you so much Voight! Where was he!?" He puts Slinky on the floor and he runs away to my bedroom.

"He ran out of the house as I pulled up. I picked him up and brought him back in. What happened?" I look down rubbing the back of my neck. "Nightmares. I woke up and fell off of my bed, hitting my head and I'm guessing it scared him? I heard him cry just as mum and dad bust into my room then when everything calmed down, he just wasn't in my room anymore."

Erin walks over and starts looking at my face and head. "Are you okay? I didn't know you hit your head." I slightly push her hands away. "I'm okay. Just have a headache. Thank you Voight. I'm gonna head back to bed." As I walk away, he calls after me. "It's Hank, Amber."

————————————————

I'm backkkkkkk.

Hey peoples! How've you all been? I'm finally back and ready to update again.

If you haven't already today, go get a drink of water and grab some food you deserve it. If it's night time for you, go to sleep!