Diagnosis

Once I finished eating I started to feel sick again. I start to get up but stop myself. "What's up honey?" I know that I'm going to have to get up so that I don't throw up all over Erin's bed so I just get up, grab my hoodie and sprint out of the room and to the bathroom. I lean over the toilet bracing myself for being sick. As Erin walks in I throw up. I hate being sick! Erin walks over, rubs my back and holds my hair out of the way. "It's okay honey. Get it all up." I gag and try to hold the sick in. Erin notices this and speaks up. "Don't keep it in your system otherwise you'll be even more sick." I shake my head and move away from the toilet. I lean against the bath and make sure that my hoodie is covering my legs. Erin tries to pull it off but I tighten my grip on it. "Amber it's gonna make you even more warm and that wouldn't be the best in your state at the moment. Why won't you take it off?" I shake my head, tears beginning to roll down my face. I wipe them away and end up gagging again. Erin looks at me with growing concern. "Can you please tell me what's wrong?" I look down ashamed and visibly loosen my grip on my jumper. She lightly takes ahold of it before looking at me to make sure it was okay to take it off. I nod slightly and she gently pulls it off. I put my head in my hands, too ashamed to look at her. I feel her pull me into her. I sob into her shoulder as she hugs me. I pull away and throw up into the toilet again. Erin rubs my back again. I look up at her to see her watching me, worried. "I think we should maybe go see Will." I finally speak up. "N-no! Please. I don't want to go to the hospital!" Erin gives me a look of sympathy. "Honey this isn't normal to throw up this much after only having soup and four bites of a pancake. I'm gonna call Voight and let him know then we'll head over there." We get up off of the floor and walk out into the kitchen by the front door. I put my trainers on whilst Erin calls Voight. I grab a jacket and wrap it around my waist so my thighs are covered and I wait for Erin. She walks out and crouches down to tie my laces. "Voight is gonna meet us there. He said he's gonna call Will and let him know we're on our way." She stands up and I pick at my fingers. "Do we really have to go?" Erin nods and grabs her car keys. We head out to the car and Erin starts up the engine whilst I sit in the passengers seat and try to keep myself calm. We pull up outside the hospital and Voight is already there waiting. We get out and I slowly walk to the entrance with Erin and Voight next to me. We walk in and see Will already stood at the desk waiting. He leads us to a treatment room to the side and Erin sits on the bed with me. Will walks around the bed and checks my heart rate and does basic health checks. "I heard you've thrown up a few times this morning. How are you feeling now?" I lean against Erin's arm. "Really tired." Erin wraps her arm around me. "Well I just need to do a few more tests to try figure this out. Then you can take a nap." Will does a few more tests and just like he said, I was allowed to take a nap. I fell asleep on Erin's legs, holding her hand. A few hours later I wake up again to find Erin laying down with me now on her chest and Jay sitting on the chair next to the bed. I move my head so I'm facing Erin and grin up at her. I sit up and lean against the back of the hospital bed when Will walks in. "Hey Amber. How're you feeling now you've taken a nap?" I smile at him picking my fingers. "I'm okay now Will." He smiles at me. "And one last thing. Voight said that you may have ADHD?" I nodded at him. "Is it okay if we do a few tests?" I agree and we do a few tests. Once we finished Will told us he'd message Voight the results. He leaves again and I lay back down on the bed. "So Amber. What was that cheeky grin you shot Erin just now?" I smile at him. "No point in telling. I'm pretty sure a detective like you could tell that I'm lying Halstead." He gives me a shocked look and Erin lets out a little laugh. "I will find out what you girls are hiding." I start laughing. "Sure you will buddy. Sure you will." An hour later, Will walks back in with his IPad tucked under his arm. "So Amber. We figured out that the reason you've been throwing up is because you haven't eaten much for some time and your body is refusing to keep the full meals you've been eating in. You will get back into it with time, your body just needs to get used to full meals again." I nod my head, happy that it isn't anything worse. "Does this mean that I get to leave now?" Will smiles whilst Jay lets out a laugh. "Yes you can. I just need someone to sign discharge papers then you're good to go." Erin climbs off the bed. "I'll sign them. I'll be back soon Amber." So Erin leaves the room with Will and Jay looks over at me. "So. You gonna tell me what that grin was about yet?" I smile at him, "Nope!" I put a pop on the P and Jay just laughs at me.

A/N- Sorry it's been so long since I updated this. My mental health hasn't been the best and exam stress is catching up to me.
Hope you're all doing good <3