Start of therapy

A couple a minutes later, I hear a little sniffle from by the door to look up and see mum and dad standing there smiling whilst mum wipes away a tear. I stand up from the floor and go over to them both, pulling them both into a tight hug. What did I do to deserve these people? Hank walks over and places a hand on my back. "Shall we go downstairs and finish eating?" I pull away and look down trying to think of an excuse to why I can't continue eating but Hank kneels down in front of me, lifting my chin so I look at him. "You've got this. Just a little bit more then that's it. Please?"

Eventually, I nod my head and we all head back downstairs and sit at the table. Hank goes and makes himself a plate of food then comes and sits next to me. I sit there staring at my food for a little while until I hear Hank whisper to me, "You've got this Ambs." I smile at the nickname and pick up my fork. I slowly take a bite and after that I take another. I keep on going until I have eaten about half the plate. I sat there, genuinely feeling good about myself. I did it. And I don't feel disgusting. I push my plate away and pick up my glass of juice. I drink it all before standing up to put my plate in the sink.

Once everyone had finished, I was about to go clean up, managing to get the sink running before I felt hands underneath my arms lifting me up and carrying me away. "Dad! Can I please just wash up please? You made food so why can't I help out?"

He puts me down on the couch before walking away so I get back up and follow him. "Please dad?" He turns and looks at me. "Nope. Go sit down and pick out a movie, we're gonna do a movie night tonight." I look at him confused. "I have school in the morning and homework to do." Mum walks in and hugs me. "You're gonna stay home from school tomorrow. Me and Jay spoke about it and we asked Dr Charles if we could get you in for an appointment with him or Dr Reese any time soon. You're staying home and you have an appointment at 11.30." I shake my head. "I don't want too." Hank steps in this time. "It's nothing bad kid. It's just to help you overthink things less and to help you forget about what happened." I get out of mums hug and start walking away. "I won't go to it. You can't make me!"

I run out of the house and sit on the couch at the bottom of the garden. They can't force me to go right? I hear the door open but I ignore whoever it is and I get up to walk back into the house but they sit me back down on the couch. "Amber? Amber look at me." I don't look up so they grab my chin to make me look at them. It's mum. "We won't force you to go but it will help a lot. We'll leave it over night and if you decide you want to go it's open for you too and if not then I will call Dr Charles and cancel it. Okay?" I nod my head and lean into her. "Why does everything have to happen to me?" She rubs my back and holds me close and I just close my eyes and embrace it.

I'm guessing I fell asleep because the next thing I know I'm in my bed and it's bright outside. I walk downstairs to find mum, dad and Hank all stood around the kitchen island. Mum spots me and comes to give me a hug. "Good morning honey! How did you sleep last night?" I just shrug my shoulders and hug her back. She leads me over to the breakfast bar where Dad was putting food onto plates. He slides a plate over to me with a pancake on. "There you go kiddo." I just sit looking at it, listening to the adults talk. Everyone else starts eating so I pick up my fork and take a small bite of the pancake.

"M-mum?" She stops talking and looks over to me. "What's up honey?" I lean on her shoulder and she wraps her arm around me. "I- I want to try therapy. But if I don't like it I'm not doing it again." She nods her head and rubs my arm. "That's perfectly okay hun. Why don't you take a few more bites of your pancake then go get changed?" I hesitantly take a few more bites then climb down from the table. I head upstairs and change into some joggers and one of dads hoodies that I grabbed from his wardrobe.

Once I'm back downstairs, he notices that I've stolen his hoodie. "Is that comfy?" I smile and nod my head at him. Mum and Hank laugh at this and I just laugh at the look on dads face.

—————————————————

Hey guys. Sorry it's a bit short today and sorry I haven't updated in a little while I've had a large amount of stuff going on recently.

But anyways how are we all? I hope you're all doing okay and if not I'm here if you need to rant about everything.

If you haven't already go get something to drink and eat because you deserve it. <3