Back at school

I got myself changed and headed downstairs to see Jay sat at the breakfast bar. "What are you feeling for breakfast kiddo?" I stop in my tracks to think for a second. "I'm just gonna eat something at school seeing as form starts in fifteen minutes." He gives me a stern look but I just look away, pulling my trainers on. I'm not supposed to wear them with my uniform but who cares. Jay tries to get me to sit down and eat but I pick my bag up and walk out of the house.

I get to school and head straight to my form room where Miss Christophorou is sat at her desk. "Good morning Amber! How are you feeling this morning?" I just shrug my shoulders and sit at the back of the classroom in the corner with my headphones in and music playing.

After around 15 minutes, people start to come into the room. Form went as normal as it can be. Olivia sitting next to me, constantly kicking me in the ankles or elbowing me in the ribs. About half way through, a girl walks in that I haven't seen before. "Ah you must be Alicia! Welcome. Class this is one of your new classmates Alicia Burgess! I expect you all to treat her with respect. You can go sit down in that seat over there." Miss pointed to the seat in front of me. She walks over and places her bag down before sitting down herself. Once everyone had started talking again, Olivia leaned forwards and tapped on Alicia's shoulder. "Hey. Alicia right?" She nods. "I'm Olivia. Where've you come from?" She looks at me then back at Olivia. "I'm from LA. My mum just got a job at the intelligence unit here so we moved and now I'm here." She turns back to look at me. "What's you name?" I try to talk but Olivia cuts me off. "You don't want to talk to her. She's awful." Alicia looks at her with a serious look. "I don't think I asked you. I can talk to who I want to thanks. So I'll ask her this time. What's your name?" I quickly hide the smile on my face as Olivia had just been put in her place. "I'm Amber. Nice to meet you." She shakes my hand and then we start comparing time tables to see what lessons we have together. Turns out we have every lesson but English together. At the end of form, we gather our things together and we begin to head out when I hear someone calling my name. "Amber! Stay back a second please!" I do as I'm told and I move to the side so I'm not blocking the door.

Once everyone has left, I walk over to Miss Christophorou's desk. "Yes Miss?" She looks at me with a serious face. "Have you eaten this morning?" I scratch the back of my neck. She has always made sure I've eaten on a morning and even when teachers stopped having me eat meals with them, she always had me eat lunch with her. "Y-yea. I-I ate before I came in..." She sits up straight and looks me straight in the eye but I look down. "Why do I get the feeling you're lying to me Amber?" I shrug my shoulders and she opens a drawer and pulls out a cereal bar. "Sit down and eat missis." I shake my head and walk towards the door. "Amber. Don't walk out." I do exactly that and head to first period. I apologise for being late and sit down. Sadly, first lesson is English so I can't talk to Alicia.
About 15 minutes into lesson, someone knocks at the door and I see it's Miss Christophorou and Mr Brown. Great. Just great.

They open the door and look around the classroom and both their eyes fall on me. "How may I help you both?" Mr Brown looked away from me and at Miss Evans. "Can we have Amber with her things please?" I know exactly what is going to happen as this happened last time. The same teachers. The same way it started. I didn't want to go through this again. I'm gonna disappoint mum. What about her rule. I broke it. She's gonna be so mad. I purposefully take my time putting my things into my bag then slowly walk to the door. Once I was out in the corridor, Miss Christophorou guided me back to her classroom and Mr Brown followed behind. Once we were inside, I was told to sit down so I did with Mr Brown sat at the teachers desk and Miss Christophorou sat next to me. "Have you eaten this morning Amber?" He just got straight to the point. I nod my head not trusting myself to speak. I know I stutter when I lie. "Words please darling?" She rubbed my back. "Y-yea I did..." Mr Brown grabs the cereal bar that was on the desk. "I want you to eat this please Amber." I shake my head and go to stand up but Miss doesn't let me. "Do we need to call Erin?" He used the one thing that he couldn't last time. "N-NO! T-there's no need for that!" The two teachers look at each other and Mr Brown stands up and begins to walk out before he turns around. "I expect that cereal bar to be eaten by the time I get back Amber."

He walks out and Miss hands me the cereal bar. "I don't want to. Please don't make me eat it." I look at her with pleading eyes but she doesn't give in. I can't eat it. If I have to, then I'll go throw it up like I used to do. I sit there not looking at Miss but instead staring at the wall blankly for what felt like an hour until the door opened and in walked Mum and Jay, closely followed by Mr Brown.

—————————————————

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! I HOPE YOU HAVE HAD AN AMAZING DAY SO FAR AND IF ITS CURRENTLY NIGHT WHERE YOU ARE THEN GO TO SLEEP!

HOW ARE WE ALL?

IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW!

IF YOU ARE IN THE UK, DID YOU ENJOY SEEING THE NORTHERN LIGHTS LAST NIGHT? IF YOU DIDNT GET TO SEE THEM THEM THERE WILL BE SOME PICTURES JUST AFTER THIS AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL GET TO SEE THEM TONIGHT!

MAKE SURE YOU DRINK AND EAT SOME WATER IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO TODAY!