The Prodigy

" You know what's the problem in today's word?

We go around searching for beautiful souls, rather than becoming one."

                         ....

I read it somewhere.

They say if you are exceptional in one skill, there are chances you may lack in another. I mean Einstein couldn't tie his shoe laces, it's still alright if I only get a bit clumsy sometimes.

Not if you end up splitting your head into two.

My conscience mocked me as I flutter my eyes to stare at those eagle brown eyes. For the first time in record, he wasn't angry or irritated staring at me.

Was it concern?

Damn boy. Was my sweetness melting this piece of stone?

Impossible.

I must be dreaming.

But then that nickname. Peaches. I wasn't hallucinating. He did call me that.

Wait a second, how did he knew Peaches is my favourite fruit? I don't remember telling him.

" How do-"

I was going to ask him when I hear snickers from the door and when I look up. My mind froze.

Ali and Darian were looking at us with mouths agape and the kids couldn't control their laughs.

Why are they laughing?

And that's when I hear those beautiful lips inches away from my face, curse.

" Fuc*!"

Veers robust arms tug me up and next I know they are gone. Running his fingers through his hair he turns his back on me and next I know, he is gone.

Leaving me alone to face the aftermath.

" What was that Aju Didi? We thought you and Bhabi hated each other."

Ajay speaks, folding his arms and I gulp.

" It.. It was just an accident."

" Accident? Woahhhh!!"

What's with this sound effect? The kids were grinning from ear to ear and I feel my cheeks blare red.

" You know Aju Didi, if you feel something for bhai. Just let us know."

" We three can be your cupids. Who knows we can help you."

Ajuni speaks, moving forward her wheelchair with the boys following her. My heart breaks seeing hope in their eyes.

What do I tell them?

Is there really something between us?

No. He hates me. There is nothing between us, but he also kissed me. And that too on my lips. What's with these mixed signals?

" I.... I....."

A knock on the door interrupts us, followed by a loud hoarse voice.

" Come out. Right now!"

We all walk out to be welcomed by the sight of policemen standing at the door. Veer grabs a vest, puts it on and approaches them.

His bulging muscles on full display.

" Yes officer. What brings you here."

Even though Veer's voice was emotionless as usual, I sensed a trace of something.

Nervous?

My gaze drops and I see him shuffling his feet. Yes, a bit nervous. He is involved in illegal fighting. It's the only source of income for Ajuni's treatment, I am sure anyone would be nervous in his place.