The Prodigy

He was no where to be found.

Nada.Vanished.

Gulping the drink in my hands I let my eyes sweep through the dancing bodies. The place was packed, people were literally throwing and touching each other, feeling and making out. My ass rests on the bar counter, my legs dangle in the air. And no one stands even in 100 meters of my periphery.

Veer effect.

Is what I will like to call it. Somehow his one simple act has conveyed the message loud without a words.

Touch her and die.

When he dropped on his knees and strapped my heel, I could feel the entire club seize. Including my heart. Every man got a warning and no one dared to test it. Veer didn't look like a man who need to be prodged anyway.

With frame huge enough to stand out in this place, muscles puffed begging to be challenged and eyes deadly enough to kill one with a mere look.

He wasn't a force to be reckoned with.

" Damm that man is hot. Who was he Reinan? Your boyfriend?"

A woman from Zahir's group asks coming over and I gulp. Not knowing what to say.

" No. He is not my boyfriend but-"

" Is he loaded? Where does he live? What is his last name? Damn man imagine waking up to a face like that, living the life of luxury. What more could a woman dream."

" With looks like that he definitely owns an empire. Or maybe a model.What does he do?"

" He is Veer Singh Rathore-"

" No way! He is the son of the Rathore empire! The business mongal! Man he is loaded! You are really lucky you know."

I was at loss of words. I couldn't possibly tell her that he was not him. Rather he was an underground boxer and he lived in Dharavi.

I knew about Zahir and his group. They judge people based on their money. And I didn't want to make Veer look any less.

He was caring, patient, loving and hard-working. One day he will achieve great success, I just know it.But they won't understand it.

" Rei here got herself a guy is more than a surprise. Who knew she will finally step out of her little bubble and explore the adult world."

Zahir comes in, leaning back to look at me with a raised brow and I sigh. Rubbing my neck. Thankful for the distraction from the topic.

" Stop Zahir. Veer and me are just friends."

He raises another brow.

" Friends don't strap a women's heels and drop to their knees. Only a King does that for his Queen."

" By the way, does your family know? "

My face lost all its colour.

" No. Not yet."

Zahir sighs to click our glasses together.

" You better do it soon if you are serious. Don't play around with the guy."

Winking Zahir left and I turn around to the bartender.

" Another glass please."

I place the empty glass on the counter and the bartender approaches me with slight feet in his eyes. Pouring the drink, he moves back to attend to other guests.

" Isn't this a dream night for you."

Darian chuckles, approaching me and I wanted to smack that teasing smile on her lips. Leaning on the bar beside me, she looks out at the crowd.