The Beast

" Hello. I am Reinan-"

The woman extends her hand for me to shake and I stare into her eyes and then at her extended hand.

" You got to be fucking kidding me."

I seethe and that smile dims down from her lips.

" Excuse me?"

" You are not Reinan."

As soon as I said that, her hand drops and her eyes snap back to Richard. A bead of sweat trails down her temple and she covers up her fear with a fake smile.

" What rubbish. I am-"

She is a bloody paid actor. A duplicate. And I somehow know who has set up this play. Turning around, I stride towards the old man standing in the corner.

My voice low, daring him to feed me another lie.

" Where the fuck is Reinan dammit! What have you done to her!"

He gulps and soon everyone's face turns ashen. No one dared to say anything.

" You... you are mistaken-"

This fucker!

He was getting on my nerves. By blood was surging and vision turning red with every second of his bullshit.

Grabbing his collar, I slam him on the wall behind and gasps echo, but no one stepped me. They bloody couldn't. The truth they have been running from was standing right in front of them.

" Agh let go...ahh"

He starts thrashing in my grip and I move up my hand to wrap it around his neck. His eyes widen.

" If another lie leaves your filthy lips... Mr Anderson. Trust me...."

Tightening my grip, I warn him.

" You will not be able to speak again."

He starts clawing my hands, his body shaking when I feel a soft tug on my bicep.

" Let him go. Please... I will tell you everything.... Please beta."

The woman had her hands folded in front of me, begging me and I drop the bastard to adjust my collar. He skids down the floor, coughing all others rush to him.

" Speak."

The woman's eyes were wet with tears but they won't be fooling me. A mother who can replace her daughter with another can't be trusted.

She is no less of a bitch.

" You knew her?"

Is the first question she asks as we settle down and I clench my fist to control my raging beast.

Of course I knew my Peaches.

What did they expect? Her to live an imaginary life? Where no one knows her?

I nod and her next question gnawed at my nerves.

" How well?"