The Prodigy

In all these years of my existence, money has bought me all luxuries one can only dream for. People die to be born in my place. Women envy the diamonds laced around my neck, men leave no stone upturned to impress me and get included in my league.

Yet, it never made me feel, what I feel today.

Vulnerable.

Helpless.

Weak.

The look in those woman's eyes made me shudder. They were hungry, almost crazy psychotic desperate to get it, and I could have understood why they felt it, if they hadn't shown me this side of them.

They didn't care if I died, for what? Just for 10k ?

Is this how invaluable life is in front of money?

Such bravery to commit a crime? Such indifference? Are they even human? They have been made into monsters...and I wonder who is to blame for it.

I wanted to help them. Even one if I could.

But right now, self defence has kicked in.

More than anything, I longer for just one thing.

Safety.

And I surprisingly found it from the most bizzard source. Him.

" Close your eyes, Peaches."

My shuddering body abides his command without protest. Hugging my knees, I close my eyes to let darkness enter my vision.

I didn't care anymore of what he did from here.

I lost this battle, and the field was all his.

The blood drips dripping down my ears and the numbing of my senses forbade me to even move, let alone save anyone from him.

Unless he didn't kill , I was alright if it meant I could escape this.

By this I just don't mean this place, these people or this situation.

But this battle inside me which I am failing with every passing second.

This pulsating heart, this constriction of my chest, this hazziness blinding my vision.

Pleadings and cries bombard me for the next few minutes. But I don't open my eyes.

My grip on the cell rod remains tight. As I start the counting. A feeble attempt to distract my wounded mind.

Square root of 1 is 1

Square root of 2 is 1.41421356237

Of 3 is 1.73205080756

I reached 32 when I feel a strong pair of arms wrapping around my waist. And the next thing I know I am pulled to a familiar strong chest.

It him. His touch..I have somehow started recognising it.

Strong yet delicate.

Cold yet warm.

My counting doesn't stop. I continued My eyes refuse to open. I didn't trust myself right now, it could get worse. I can't let it happen again.

Not after so many years.

I need someone. Anyone. I don't care if it's him.

I just want to feel safe.

" Let's go."

He whispers to Ali and I hear Darian say something in the background.

He starts walking out on his long confident steps.