𝐀 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 . . . - 𝐳𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢

Beloved,

I hope this letter finds you well.

How are you doing? Are you faring well? Is everything all right back home? I hope everything isn't treating you too harshly.

Work at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor has been going smoothly on my part. I've recently been using the staircase that leads up the back wall and onto the balcony quite often these days. It's a wonderful view from up there. I'm sure you would enjoy it. You're able to hear every slight sound from up there, the frying and sizzling as the restaurant owners cook their signature dishes, the delighted barking of the stray dogs that litter the area, the laughter of the children playing on the street... and as the last remnants of winter fades away and the colorful hues of spring start taking its place, I cannot help but think of you, and wish you well on the days to come.

Speaking of which.

It has been a while since we've been able to just sit and talk over a cup of tea, hasn't it? Busy schedules have kept us apart for much longer than I would have preferred. A shame, really. I long to hear your beautiful voice once more.

Shall we meet up then?

Perhaps this weekend, Saturday noon? There's no need to worry about provisions, I'll prepare for it all. We can dine at Xinyue Kiosk. I already know all of your favorite dishes. I'll do all of it. I've been saving up some funds for a while, actually, for something like this, so this is the perfect excuse.

And since I know you well, let me just say this. This is no trouble at all. I just want to treat you like you've treated me countless times before. Think of it as that, if you really must. A debt repaid.

After all, as a man who follows my word, contracts especially, so there's no chance that I'll pass up the opportunity to return the favor.

Besides, there are quite the multitude of topics that I wish to discuss with you. If you'd be willing to listen to my ramblings, of course. I'll also bring one of the oriental tea sets I own - I don't think you've ever had some of my own brewed tea, have you? Haha, then you're sure to be in for an experience.

Don't forget, okay? Although, I won't blame you if you do.

I'll be waiting.

Zhongli.

votes and comments are much appreciated <3

thank you for reading ~