Spend one more night

YAM Chap 31

Its been 2 months.

Two months of isolation. Two months of being mean, hateful and back to the old Alexa.

Two moths since I've heard her sweet, shy laugh. Her timid sentences and her meaningless jokes.

I was starting to lose hope. The doctors said that i should let them remove the mask. The mask that keeps her breathing this very moment.

And i have came to a decision where i will let them do what they want after today. Just let me spend the night with her.

If the mask is off and she isn't breathing...I dont know what to do. Im not good at goodbyes. No one is honestly.

Its really sad when you threw away the walls you have built since day one and find them slowly rebuilding. But this time it's so much bitter.

I became bitter and bitter everyday. People at school even called me a bitch. Well BITCH PLEASE I DONT GIVE A FUCK. some people were fake sympathetic which makes me want to shove their head to the toilet.

The people that did this to Lynn was never to be found again as said by the cops and investigators.

"Alexa... its time for lunch." Kellin said with sad eyes. Even though how bitchy i was before Lynn arrived, I've always lived Kellin and Vic like my own Parents. I can never be mad or even near angry at them.

"It okay Kells, go with the squad. Im gonna visit Lynn." I choked. Its really hard to speak during this period. I haven't been speaking lately and its hard to speak now because I lacked the voice.

"It's gonna be okay Alexa, Lynn is a tough girl an she loves you." Kellin said sadly. "I know. And i hope so because right now i dont know anymore." I said clearly lost and sad.

"We'll get through this buddy. I promise." He said patting my head. "Thanks."

I grabbed my keys from my desk and sped to the hospital only a few blocks away.

"Hey there Alexa, came to check up on Lynn?" Nurse Tammy asked. i nodded and followed her as she led the way to my girlfriends hospital room.

A blinding white came to view as Tammy opened the door. The Walls were either suffocatingly white or just painfully white. A blue hospital bed was in the middle with my life and hope resting on it.

Lynn was covered in tubes and needles. One is even down her throat. The deep scars on her arms were slowly healing and to tell you, those cuts were an eyesore.

It hurts to see how HURT she is. I cant deal with this. I can feel the pain she feels when she breathes. It seemed forced and unwanted.

I knew that when tomorrow comes the mask will be removed and its either she breathes on her own or not.

"She is doing surprisingly great process today Lexa." Nurse Tammy chirped. "How so?" I said painfully curious. "Well for starters, i saw her fingers move a few hours ago." She beamed.

I was shocked and happy to know that she isn't dead. "And her heart rate is now in it normal pattern." Once again, this made my heart smile.

"thanks for the great news but can you leave me and Lynn for a few?" I asked as politely as I could. "Sure sweetie." She said as she walked out if Lynn's Hospital room.

I sat on the chair that was placed beside her bed. I ain't gonna talk to her because i suck at that. But i did grab her hand and kissed the cold skin of it.

I murmured. "Please wake up." So many times, I lost count. Nurse Tammy came in and said that i should head back to school.

Once i got back, i continued the very boring process of learning. Everyday at school became bleak and bland without Lynn around.

The squad always kept me company but They weren't Lynn Gunn and its getting really plain.

Surprisingly though, Lynn's mom kept calling me and texting me, asking me if i was okay. It was really sweet of her and she reminds me a lot of the IDEAL mom. I would love to have her as a mom some day.

I miss my happy life. I miss my girlfriend. I miss hanging out with the guys. I miss not being bitter all the time. I miss being a person for once.

With Lynn with me, i felt so humane. So human. But without her i feel like a love bird without its partner and is slowly dying inside and out.

I went back to my now clean, disinfected, blood stain free room and buried my head inti the pillows letting sleep consume me and take my worries away even for just a little while.