Just keep breathing

YAM Chap 25

LYNN

A ventilator, a fucking ventilator. The only thing that makes her chest rise and fall, the thing that when removed may possibly cause her death.

"Why." I cried, tears staining her shirt with my head on her chest. "Sweetheart dont beat yourself, she's fine and alive." The nurse said, placing a stack of papers on the table beside me.

"You're not her sister aren't you." She stated more than questioned. "What." I said. "I can see the love between you two." She smiled. "Am I still allowed here." I said with a hopeful look. "Of course honey, love makes the pain go away. I can't believe that her mother even called you her daughter." She beamed. "Yeah."

"Well i better go, I'll be back in an hour to check up on Alexa" she informed as she walked out the door.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in." A police officer came and smiled at me with sympathy lingering on it. "Good afternoon Ms. San Roman. You're her sister right?" He asked. "Yes." I creaked. "What can i help you with."

"We have some news for you- but I also need to talk to the school head, your mother." He requested. "Oh sure officer. I'm just gonna call mom right now. " I said, grabbing my phone and dialed Alexa's mom. " Hey sweetheart, what's the problem?" She spoke.

"Hey mom, a police officer is in the room and he has some news for us. Do you mind if you come over." I informed. "Oh yeah, I'll be there in 5 bye." She said then the line died.

"She'll be here in five minutes." I said. "Oh okay, I'll back in time. Im going to sort something out with the others." He said as he softly walked out of Alexa's hospital room.

"Alexa do you hear me? I guess not. But even still, you need to wake up. For your mom, your family- Sam is definitely gonna be sad if she hears that her sisters in a coma." I said.

"For the gang, they miss you so much. It not complete, there's only one cranky person left and Taylor's not happy about it." I continued.

"I miss you too. Remember the time I mumbled I love you. Probably not since you barley herd it. But to tell you honestly I mean it." I cried.

"Please Alexa, you're the best thing that happened to me. I know that you don't feel the same but i don't care."

The door open slightly open to see Alexa's Mom and the Police officer from awhile ago. I stood up and asked the officer about the news that made me so eager to know.

"What's the news officer?" I asked. "Please call me Chad. The team found something interesting in the security tapes, maybe you should check it out." he said gesturing us outside with him.

We all left Alexa's room and went to the huddle of police officers and investigators, also a few family of the victims.

On the tape was a short brunette carrying a bag and placing it on one of the malls bench. The tape stopped and turned to another clip. It was the girl again but she's in the parking lot- looking at Alexa's car.

The hell.

Then she just stayed there for a few minutes when she broke some sort of sting. The building got blown apart and the people raced for their lives.

We all paused the tapes to see the girl. Me, Alexa' mom and a couple familiar students gasped. "Is there anything wrong Mrs.San Roman?" Chad asked. "That's a student of mine." She said in disbelief.

"Are you sure mam" he asked. "Yes, im positive." She responded. The other students agreed and so did I.

"May i have the name of your student?" Chad asked getting a stack of papers and a couple investigators behind him.

"Yes, her name is Ariana Grande. You can find her in her dorm. Room ummm 665 third floor." She squeaks still in disbelief that one of her students blew up the mall and cause her child to almost die.

"Is there any reason why Ms. Grande did this." One investigator said. "I think I know the reason." I said. They all looked at me shocked.

"And what is that sweetheart." Texan investigator asked. "She hates me to he core, and thats Alexa's Car she's looking at" i said.

"Well we sure will arrest her for the damage she had made and for the two deaths. But we'll take her to court about your case Mrs. San roman if you are going to file one." She said writing down all the important details and stamping a paper or two.

"Yes, i would like to file one." She said doing the necessaries and wrote down on several papers.

"Mrs. San roman! Your daughters awake and she's screaming and throwing around, she screamed for Lynn." A new nurse that we haven't been familiarize with.

"Lynn, please go in. I have to file the case." She said. "okay."

She's awake.