Six

STILES

"You are a blank slate, Mister Sti--" He started. "Niklaus is fine." I voiced. He pushed his lower lip. "Mister Niklaus...Marshall. Parents Tom and Kathleen. No transcripts from your last school." Alaric stated. 

"I think they must've just gotten packed away or something. Like I said, we move around a lot." I explained. "Mm-hmm. Well, if you're gonna be here in Mystic Falls, you have to go to school." He sounded. "Well, then I guess it's a good thing I'm here, right?" I asked. 

"Can I go now?" I asked as the bell rang. "You know, I, uh...I've got two daughters and third that's like a daughter...and I know when they're not telling me something. So, you know, if there's, uh, anything going wrong at home, you know, if you're in any trouble and you need to talk, just know I'm here to help, okay?" He explained. 

"I'm fine." I said with a smile before leaving. I headed into an empty bathroom before taking in many breaths. I looked into the mirror. "Girl troubles? Oh! Wait! Boy problems!" A girl voiced. I turned around shocked. "Sorry. Uh, yeah. Sorry. Am I--" I started. "Yeah. You're in the girl's bathroom." She said with a smirk. "And to answer your question, he's kind of a troll." I sounded.

"Oh, my God, say no more. We'll fix you up and make him jealous. Though I don't think you can fit any of the clothes I have." She said with a laugh. I chuckled. "Maya." She said with a smile. "Niklaus." I said returning it. "Thank you. Weird question. Um, by any chance, have you noticed a terrible smell coming from somewhere inside the school?" I asked her. "I think everyone has." She said before leaving the bathroom with a smile. "Hit me up if you want to talk." She said slipping a piece of paper into my jean pocket with a wink. I watched her go before leaving the bathroom and pulled the slip of paper out of my pocket to see a phone number. 

I shoved it into my pocket before going to the boy's locker room. I was hit with pungent smell before spotting blood on the floor. A hand grabbed my shoulder, and I instinctively kicked my leg out swept the attacker's legs out from under him before raising a fist to punch him. 

"Wait wait. Seriously...Who are you?" Alaric asked. I helped him to his feet. "Ah, okay." He stated. "I'm a vampire hunter. And I came across a creature." I answered. "What kind of creature?" Alaric asked. "A creature that's big enough to flip over an empty bus. It's green, it's ugly and it smells absolutely terrible, so I'm going with a troll?" I stated. "And it's hiding somewhere inside the school." I explained. 

"Uh-huh. And how do you know this?" He asked. "Because I wounded it." I said pointing to the blood stain on the floor. "It's nocturnal, so it hides out during the day. I found a legend that says I just have to pierce it through the heart..." I voiced. "Listen, you're not doing anything. Okay? You're just a kid. If there's a monster in my school, I'm gonna take care of it." He stated. 

"No offense, but, um, I've been trying to kill this thing for over a week, and nothing's worked." I told him. "If you are a vampire hunter, then I'm sure you've heard of Alaric Saltzman? Yeah. I know what I'm doing." He voiced. 

"Yeah. You're very famous around here, but you're gonna need my help." I told him. "I have put kids in danger before. And I'm not gonna make that mistake again. Yes, of course, we'd love to have you try out for the team. All are welcome. But certainly, in the, uh, meantime, just go to class and... stay there." Alaric stated as students entered the room. 

"So... you going out for kicker or are you just stalking me?" The boy from earlier asked me holding a football. I chuckled. "Stalking you? I think it's pretty clear who's stalking who here. Besides, if I went out, it'd be for QB1." I said before smirking and leaving the locker room as the rest of the boys did the immature 'Ooooh' like children.

I walked into a closet and closed the door behind me before leaning against the wall and closing my eyes. I whispered an incantation and opened my eyes and found myself in the school. Alaric wanted me to be in school...well...here I am. 

I walked the halls to find it empty. I snuck into a room and found a man talking about dragons, dryads, and phoenixes. 

I furrowed my eyebrows before watching a girl get up from her seat with a bloody nose and quickly leave the classroom. She ran past me as I watched her go. "Can I help you?" The man asked. I turned around to find the man looking at me. "I'm sorry?" I asked. "Can I help you?" He asked again. 

"Well, that depends on your meaning of help." I said meandering into the class more. I noticed his eye twitch a bit. "I'd watch your tone boy. I don't very much appreciate imbeciles in my classroom." He said. "Forgive me. I was looking for a book...a book on trolls." I said. "Now why on earth would you need a book on those dreadful creatures?" He asked squinting his eyes. 

"Well...I fail to see how that concerns you, Professor Hogwarts." I said looking through his bookshelf. "How dare you!" He said snapping his fingers as a bolt of lightning shot out from his fingertips at me. I dodged out the way and looked at the smoking hole in the wall and hissed. I looked back at the old man. "You see, now you're gonna have to pay for that because this place is a historical place." I said. 

"The nerve you have to talk to me that way." He sounded. "I've been known to push people's buttons." I retorted with a smirk before holding up a book. "Now if you'll excuse me...I have a troll to kill." I said turning around. I froze when I made eye contact with Josie. My smile disappeared as I stared at her. I blinked multiple times before snapping my fingers and disappearing in the blink of an eye.