Ten

STILES

"Dorian's digging into research but he thinks it's a Shunka." Alaric told me in a low whisper. "And before you ask what that is, it's a carnivorous creature that feeds only on werewolves." Alaric explained. "Good thing it's not a full moon." I said. "Yeah, except Raf has been stuck in wolf form ever since you've been gone." Ric told me. "Wait, Raf? I didn't even know that he turned." I said. "Yeah. Happened fighting Triad. Hasn't been able to turn back since." He stated. 

"Yeah, of course he can't turn back. I'm the only one that can turn him back." I exclaimed. "I'm the one that gave him that crescent moon ring. Okay, look, I've got to go find him before the Shunka finds him first." I stated before I rejoined the field and Maya kicked off. It landed in Chad's arms before he faked giving it to Kaleb. Maya ran at him and grabbed a flag before he turned around to reveal he didn't have the ball. 

"They're using magic." I said as Kaleb scored a touchdown. I walked to Maya pulling her to her feet. "Hey." I said. "Hey." She returned. "I thought I had him. Trick play, I guess." She stated. "You have no idea. We're screwed." I voiced. 

"Hey, it was just one score. And you're gonna march us straight down that field and tie us up." She said. "What do you mean? Lucifer's the quarterback and your brother's the back up." I said. "Not today, remember? Ethan can't risk blowing out his knee on some pick-up game, so...we're all counting on you." She said before walking away. I looked over at Ethan and Lucifer on the sidelines. "Come on. You got it." Ethan told me clapping his hands.

I looked over Chad who was currently glaring at me before I joined the team huddle. "Okay, uh, all right, guys, let's do this." I said. "Do what? You're the quarterback, Niklaus. You call the plays." Maya told me. "Everybody go long?" I suggested. "Works for me." Maya said. "Timberwolves on three?" She added. "One, two, three. Timberwolves!" I counted. I lined up with Chad. 

"You're blitzing on first down." Chad told Josie. "Cool." She said. "Uh, what exactly does that mean, exactly?" She asked him. "It means the second he snaps the ball, you yell "blitz" and you bury Mr. Milkshake." Chad told her. 

"That's...aggressive." Josie stated. "You have a problem hitting him or something? He has no problem hitting on you." He told her. "Consider her blitzed." Josie stated. 

I leaned forward before looking over at Chad dig his foot into the dirt. "That's aggressive." I muttered as Maya hiked the ball. I caught the ball and stepped back searching for a route. "Blitz!" Josie shouted. I threw the ball before I was tackled to the ground. It felt like I had been hit by a small car. I was dazed a bit before looking at my tackler. It was Josie. 

"Hell of a throw. Johnny Utah." She told me as we sat next to each other. I got to my feet and helped her up. "Not so bad yourself." I said with a smile before she jogged away. I was knocked in the back as Chad jogged past me. I stumbled forward glaring at him.

BUS

I sat on the bus wanting to desperately to go after Rafael but a part of me wanted to watch Josie. "You're doing a pretty good job as quarterback." Lucifer told me nudging me. "Thanks." I said. 

"But...uh...I couldn't help but notice that your mind is in another place." Lucifer said. "Yeah. Sorry. I got a lot on my plate at the moment. Doesn't exactly help that a certain someone on the other team used to be a part of my life." I said. "Gee. That must suck. But hey...maybe after you win us the game, they'll see how big of a mistake they made in doing whatever it is that they did to move on." Lucifer said. 

"You know I've been wondering. Who names their kid Lucifer?" I asked. "Who names their kid, Niklaus?" He countered. "Touché." I said smiling with squinted eyes. "What did you say your name was again?" I asked. "Lucifer. Lucifer Parker." He answered. 

"Parker?" I asked. "Yeah. I know so generic. My dad went missing when I was born. I actually had a twin, but they died when I was born. Not that that matters anymore. I mean, I still hope I get to meet him one day." He explained. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Out of pure curiosity. Do you know the name of your dad?" I asked. "Yeah. Kai. Kai Parker." He answered. My eyes went wide. "Why? That name something to you?" He asked. I shook my head. "No. But, uh, I might know a guy that could help you." I told him. "Wait...your dad is Kai Parker. You're...not human.... are you?" I asked. He went rigid. 

"How'd you know?" He whispered. "Because I'm not." I whispered with a smirk. "Really?" He asked with wide eyes. I nodded my head. "What are you?" I asked. "I can do magic and I'm super fast and super strong...and... I'm dead so.... there's that." He answered. 

"A hybrid...of a witch...and a vampire. Just like your dad. Which is confusing...given how vampires can't have kids. Unless he had you before became a vampire. I'm not so sure. I don't know much about him. Just that he was a psycho—uh, a psychology major." I finished furrowing my brows together.

"What are you?" He asked. "A chimera. I'm part vampire, witch, werewolf, hellhound, fire kitsune, and void kitsune." I answered. "Void Kitsune? Isn't that the Nogitsune?" He questioned. My eyes went wide as I looked at him. 

"How do you know that name?" I asked him in a hushed voice. "Uh...I read a lot of mythology. He's super famous for being a chaotic demon that caused kingdoms to fall and collapse into ruin, right?" He asked. "He wasn't forgotten." I whispered. "What?" He asked confused. 

"Nothing. Hey...meet you on the field...and uh...heads up. The entire team of the Salvatore School has been using their powers. But you can't tell anyone about it." I said. "Wait. They've been cheating?" He asked. "Yeah. I think it's time we evened the odds, don't you?" I asked with a smirk. "Hell yeah, Foxy." He smirked back.