Twenty-Nine

NOGITSUNE

I carried the boy through the woods before stopping and realizing something. I set him down and took off my white blazer before wrapping it around his waist before picking him up and carrying him in my arms. I arrived at the school before walking in. 

"Stupid kitsune promises. And our honor. God..." I muttered walking through the halls receiving looks from the students. 

"There a problem? BOO!" I snapped at a random child. He yelped and ran off. 

"Stupid witch." I whispered before entering the Headmaster's office. 

"Look, I can't deal with you right now, Landon. I've got more important things to-- Stiles!" Alaric stated getting to his feet. He pushed a button on a device. "I need to see honor council....and others in my office now. You know who you are." He said before taking Stiles from my arms. "What the hell happened to him?" He asked. 

"I have no idea. And neither do--" I started before the other students ran inside. "STILES!" His sister yelled running over. "What happened to him? WHAT DID YOU DO?!" She spat glaring at me as she swung her arm out. 

"Your magic won't work on me, darling. So, you can stop trying." I breathed. She squinted her eyes. "What. Happened?" She growled. 

"You know. I'd love to tell you. But I can't because he wouldn't tell any of us." I explained taking a seat in Alaric's desk chair putting my feet on the desk, crossing my legs. 

"What do you mean? Wait--why does he look like this?" Alaric asked. 

"Oh right! Yeah! He went Hellhound-Hulk mode and duked it out with Kasai. Got his ass kicked." I explained. 

"Why would he fight the Kasai? Isn't he the nice one?" Mophead asked. 

"Just because he's friendly and has manners. Doesn't automatically make him the 'nice one'. He's very much dangerous and manipulative as I am. He's a kitsune. He's naturally a trickster. He's no goody two shoes." I said pointing at him. 

"Why...are you in the real world? Wait...How are you in the real world?" Alaric asked. 

"To keep this ass-munch from using black magic or getting anywhere near it. He's got an overexposure of black magic and now he's sick. Kasai seems to think it's from a powerful Japanese memory spell." I explained with a sigh staring at the child putting my hands in pockets. 

"Holy shit. You actually care about him, don't you?" The blond Saltzman asked. 

"Shut up. I do not care. I only wish that he lives so that I may continue to live." I retorted. 

"Mm-hmm. Sounds like something Stiles would say." She said with a smirk as I looked down at the boy. 

The truth is I care deeply for the child. More than anyone on the planet....he was my first friend. And I can't let him die.

STILES

I woke up and found myself in my bedroom. I looked around noticing a blur of white to my right. After a couple of seconds, I realized it was the Nogitsune sitting in a chair "asleep". I grabbed a lacrosse ball and threw it at him, hoping it would hit him in the face. But his hand suddenly appeared in his front of his face and caught the ball before opening an eye. 

"How'd you know I was awake?" He asked. 

"Because...I know you. You don't sleep." I answered as he tossed the ball from hand to hand. "What happened?" I asked rubbing my face.