Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I've been recovering at the doctor's lovely abode for two weeks now and let me just say it's been great. I'm not just referring to the recovery but I'm also referring to my family. It's been amazing having them around even though it sometimes annoys me how much mama babies me but to be honest, I low-key love it. Staying at Dr Jaxa's house has been... It feels weird even saying that. Sigh. Anyway, my stay has been amazing because it is convenient for all of us and I'm also able to study without distractions although the good doctor has been living rent free in my mind more than I'd like to admit.

"Hey, are you busy?" That would be my sister, barging into my room once again.

"And if I said I was? Why'd you -" she interrupts me and yet again throws herself on my bed.

"Oh please. You need to loosen up," she says, grabbing a pillow, placing it under her chest.

"What do you need? I'm trying to study," I ask, unimpressed by her sudden presence.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my sister's company but sometimes she behaves like she's the kid amongst us two.

"Nothing just thought we could chat," she says, tossing her body to the side so she can face me.

"Chat about what?" I ask in confusion. My sister may be older than me, but we share everything.

"You and Dr Jaxa," she says, wiggling her brows at me.

"There is no Dr Jaxa and I," I say rather slowly and in a corrective manner. She laughs.

"Yet... There's no you and him yet," she says, reminding me of what Ayanda also said.

Scoffing, I turn my head away from her and fold my arms across my chest. Another trait learnt from Ayanda.

"You're annoying me and if you don't stop talking about this, I'll chase you out of my room."

"Fine!" She says, raising her hands up in surrender just as I turn to face her.

Her eyes sparkle and I know she's about to say something stupid that's going to annoy me.

"I know that look. What're you thinking?"

"Dr Jaxa," she says yet again, annoying me.

"I thought I said -" I almost lash out but she's quick to interrupt me.

"No. No. No. Hear me out," she says, beckoning me with her hands to give her time to speak so I just look at her and wait for her to speak.

"I think he likes you," she says, staring at me as though waiting to see my reaction.

I'm not sure what reaction she's expecting from me but I'm sure it's not what she's seeing now. I laugh... Laugh out loud while clutching my chest.

"You're funny," I say in between my tittering.

"No, I'm being serious. Why else would he rent out his house to us?" She says, raising the topic I have been struggling to raise for the past two weeks.

"You tell me. You're the one who was approached by the 'nurse', remember?"

"Well, it wasn't for me, clearly," she says< and I can't help but roll my eyes at her statement.

"And how would you know that?" I throw the question at her.

"Because... I saw you two," she says in a whisper, glancing at the door.

"Saw us?" I ask, confusion evident on my face.

"Yes. At the hospital that week," she says suggestively and my heart pounds aggressively against my chest.