Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I just wrote my last exam and I'm beyond relieved. Exam season is stressful as it is but having to go through it sick or in recovery is even worse. I don't wish this on my worst enemy. All I want to do now is let down my hair and free some of this pent-up frustration and stress. I'm still on my journey to recovery but what harm can one night of painting the town red do? I was given the bill of health by Dr Heyns yesterday during my check-up; she said my incisions were healing well so I don't foresee how one night out could possibly deter this. My parents, including Viwe, flew out to East London this morning since mom has a church conference to attend this weekend. At least that buys me a few days to myself. I'm sitting outside my room basking in the feeling of not having anything to do or study. My phone rings from somewhere on my camp chair.

"B," I say, answering Buhle's call.

"Ntwana," I hear Langa's voice instead. I chuckle with a smile on my face.

"Why are you calling me using B's phone?"

"Because mine fell in the sink," he says, sounding slightly ashamed and embarrassed at this.

"Really?" I say, bursting with laughter.

"Hey, these things happen, and this is a temporary arrangement. I'm getting a new phone soon."

"Must be nice," I say, mockingly. He chuckles.

"Anyway, you called. What's up?" I say, taking a sip of my Belgravia gin and lemonade.

"Yes, it's bunny's last night before she heads home and I thought we could go out and have a bit of fun," he says.

"What did you have in mind?" I ask, already intrigued at the suggestion.

My plan was to stay indoors, watch some Netflix while stuffing my face and pass out in my bed.

"I was thinking of Capello or eKhayeni."

"eKhayeni, definitely. I haven't been there in a while," I say rather too quickly. He chuckles.

"eKhayeni it is. We'll pick you up around ten."

"Wait, does Buhle know about this? You know how she feels about partying ekasi."

"Uhm, yeah, she knows," he chuckles awkwardly.

See, a few months back Buhle got into a brawl with a lady over a table. Now, we all know how drunk people get. Things escalated and a fight broke out between the two. I had no option but to call Langa to come and get his girl otherwise we were going to get stabbed. Since then, B vowed to never set foot ekasi ever again.

"You'd better tell her or else you'll be sleeping on the couch tonight," I say, teasing him.

"I know but you know how stubborn your friend is," he says, sounding frustrated and worried.

I giggle.

"I know but you'd better get her to agree to going to eKhayeni with us or else nam andizi."

He huffs and I bet he's brushing his face with his palm. That's what he normally does when he's frustrated.

"Fine! I'll see what I can do."

"Ja, fine. I'll see you later," I say with a glint of mischief in my voice.

"Yeah, whatever," he says in an annoyed tone before dropping the call.

I take a sip of my drink while browsing through my phone. Ten is way too far so I think I'll make use of my plan; watch some Netflix while stuffing my face. I order a fully loaded box meal from KFC with a Very Berry Krusher and some extra hot wings on the side to help me sober up later.